Original poster
May 10, 2008
PERSHING COUNTY NV
this is part of a message i got from one of the tv stations

"the tower work that has caused us to temporarily reduce the power
output of our digital transmitter is continuing. At some point over the
next couple of weeks, we may need to turn off our transmitter for a
couple of hours for the safety of the tower crew."
so that means that over the next couple of weeks dish and directv subs might loose
KATU SD/HD, KOIN SD/HD, KRCW SD/HD (ONLY DIRECTV GETS KRCW HD) temp. Because both providers take the hd signal and down convert for the SD feed
:(

update

Just talked to one stations engineer and he told my that the temp shutdown was scheduled for today but it was cancelled due to weather conditions that did not happen. so it was rescheduled for tomorrow starting around 6:00 am and lasting as long as 8 hours

update at least katu has talked to dish and directv and they will switch to the analog feed so there is some programing during this time

Aug. 26 stations are back online as of 2:00pm

Last edited:
Thanks for the update!! I see 2.1, 6.1, and 32.1 are all off the air today, with no obvious notice on their websites.

tower work

looks like there is more tower work at or near the tower today so far dish only has krcw analog on

FROM KATU.COM
PROGRAMMING NOTE
KATU's digital transmitter is undergoing maintenance and should be back in service at about 1 pm Thursday.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. Off topic, but everytime I watch Jeopardy on KATU the audio skips and stutters at seemingly random intervals.

Does this happen to anyone else? Is it Jeopardy? Is it KATU? Is it ME? I've got a 622.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)