Position wrong

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lassar

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
Illinois
My dad's C-band 4dtv system is messed up.

It just happened all of sudden. One day it was working fine. Next day it is messed up.

I tried master reset. Got it working for a little while.

The position is way off.

It seems that the dish some how moves way too much east.

It moves east and west, but will not hold the position count.

What is causing the problem ?

-

Bad reed switch located under the motor gear cover on the actuator arm. It may have two very thin gauge wires on it leading to a terminal block. Those switches are cheap.

I would stand out near the dish while someone attempts to move and watch for anything unusual during movement. Binding or noises?

Any chance the actuator arm slipped loose in the clamp? I've seen the additional weight of snow and ice cause that.

Any lost motion in the pivots or mounts if the dish is gently moved slightly?

I had a problem like that.
I was using a very old jack that was frozen until I broke it loose and oiled it up. It worked sorta but had problems like you describe. I had a brand new Von Weise that I was not wanting to use because I live in a very rainy area and hope to move soon.
Anyway I finally just gave up on the old jack because I was always having to adjust the location once I got to a satellite. I put on the new Von Weise and never have to touch it anymore.
It really made a huge difference

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts