Positioner wiring

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There's nothing printed on the broken part? Very little current in the sensor ckt. I used to get the glass ones a Rat Shak. I think they were rated 1 amp 360V An important aspect is the physical dimensions. Too big, don't fit, Too small, won't stay at the same distance from the magnet wheel.
Couldn't find any reed switches at Mouser, but at Newark they have some that are not encapsulated. A bit of foam and hotmelt may hold it in place.
Switches | Newark.com
Have you called any of the site sponsors, may have replacements.

actuator wiring

superjack.JPGsuper jack 2.JPGthe grey and white wires go to the reed sensor, which appears to be missing in your picture, I have included 2 pictures of a super jack which show the reed sensor mounted on a triangular shaped circuit board,
pencil.png

Yeah, Rat Shak is not carrying Reed Switches anymore. The ones I found at Mouser seem to be a good fit, size wise. The original one just says "SuperJack", and nothing else. Going to look at the site sponsors next.

Don't know if this'd work, but those security door switches. magnet on door, magnetic switch on the jamb?? Might be able to break one open for not so much money. Have a surplus store nearby?
You never know what they may have.

position wiring

could this be the one you need.

Attachments

• sj2.JPG
    sj2.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 181
  • sj3.JPG
    sj3.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 169
  • sj4.JPG
    sj4.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 165
  • sj1.JPG
    sj1.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 180
Yep, this is exactly like mine. So, the little plastic bar is the reed sensor, and those two wires are soldered to it, right? Thanks for the pics!

the pictures are not in order but are if you go by sj1, sj2, sj3 and sj4, if you cannot find a replacement I would check this one out and send it to you, as you can tell from the pictures it is a used one that I had hung onto, I used to repair these monsters and still have several of the parts, I might even have a new one that was never used, I know that I have some of the other types. It has been so long since I worked on these that I forget a lot but as I read this site a lot of it comes back

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)