Possible bug in Native setting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kentstater72

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 18, 2004
North of Toledo
First let me explain that i do not know anything.

But I read about using the red button to get the native setting, and I tried it.
The problem resulted when I decided to look at the setting in the install wizard.

Press VOOM, press green button, select settings, select wizard, BOOM screen goes wild, picture completely scrambled, but sound ok. pressed watch and no change.

So I got up and pressed the red button till it went to 1080i, all is well, and I had no trouble checking the setting in the wizard.

I tried it again with the same results(imagine that).

Not a problem for me, but I am wondering if this is a problem for you that want the native setting or is it no biggie.

its probably when you are selecting 720p. what you are describing sounds like your TV doesnt support that resolution, so you see the "scrambled image"

might be something else, but sounds like it is

Ken, some TVs only accept certain inputs using DVI (Or even component) mine for example only accepts 480p or 1080i with DVI, anything else causes the screen the "go wild" (sounds like something that should be on a late night infomercial HDTV's GONE WILD!!").

If you have turned it to native mode, and a feed your TV does not accept comes down, the STB will just let it pass through, and your TV won't understand it. It's better to check your manual, and see what resolutions it accepts, or just leave it at 1080i.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)