Possible Carriage Dispute Time Warner vs. MSG, MSG+ Buffalo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The really interesting thing is that according to all of the public releases, advertisements, etc. the dispute is being played out identically as the MSG/DISH dispute. In fact, even the advertisements and other press release information is nearly identical. The big sticking point MSG wants to bundle FUSE in the package and of course a huge increase (>50%) in fees to carry the channels. These are just like their demands with DISH last year. TWC claims that only 4-5 thousand out of several hundred thousand subs (less than 1% of viewers) watched FUSE. The big difference here is that the saturation of cable customers downstate that subscribe to MSG for Knicks, Rangers, Islanders, etc. is huge.

Here is more information from a former Buffalo News media columnist who how writes his own blog: Still Talkin TV

Perhaps if TWC wins so does Dish eventually. I am willing to bet this will be resolved before the 1st. However whom would have thought the NFL wouldn't be on TWC too.

got a email from twc about msg being pulled it also included the following:

We don’t think that MSG’s actions are fair to sports fans, so Time Warner Cable is offering the following in appreciation of our customers:
A special month-long preview of the Time Warner Cable Sports Pass, a package of more than 15 sports-oriented channels. This package—which normally costs $5.95 per month for residential customers—will be available from January 1 – 31, 2012. (Visit www.timewarnercable.com/sportspass to see the full list of channels and channel numbers.)
A free preview of the NBA League Pass premium sports package which offers up to 40 live games per week. This offer is good through January 8th and more details are available at www.twcconversations.com/MSG

looks like msg has lost a lot of people between dish network last year and now twc. i wonder if the other providers will follow as well ie direct tv and optiomum.

dan188 said:
got a email from twc about msg being pulled it also included the following:

We don’t think that MSG’s actions are fair to sports fans, so Time Warner Cable is offering the following in appreciation of our customers:
• A special month-long preview of the Time Warner Cable Sports Pass, a package of more than 15 sports-oriented channels. This package—which normally costs $5.95 per month for residential customers—will be available from January 1 – 31, 2012. (Visit www.timewarnercable.com/sportspass to see the full list of channels and channel numbers.)
• A free preview of the NBA League Pass premium sports package which offers up to 40 live games per week. This offer is good through January 8th and more details are available at www.twcconversations.com/MSG

looks like msg has lost a lot of people between dish network last year and now twc. i wonder if the other providers will follow as well ie direct tv and optiomum.

Both MSG Media and Cablevision (Optimum) are both controlled by the Dolan family so I doubt that. I could see DirecTV in a dispute with them though.... But sports is their big thing.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

I just hope TWC does not give in to MSG's demands. If TWC sticks it out until MSG's viewership really suffers it might give TWC and Dish some ground to stand on and hopefully MSG would stop being so greedy during these negotiations.

isaacmorseMI said:
I just hope TWC does not give in to MSG's demands. If TWC sticks it out until MSG's viewership really suffers it might give TWC and Dish some ground to stand on and hopefully MSG would stop being so greedy during these negotiations.

Agreed. Twc is a much larger market than dish. Maby they will not force fuse down our necks since that is part of what they want to do. Twc says almost none of their customers watch fuse.

Agreed. Twc is a much larger market than dish. Maby they will not force fuse down our necks since that is part of what they want to do. Twc says almost none of their customers watch fuse.

That's the same thing Dish said when they dropped it. So since they both said it that it must be true. :D. I liked it because they actually played videos but I've just watched them on my PC or iPad when I want to watch them.

isaacmorseMI said:
That's the same thing Dish said when they dropped it. So since they both said it that it must be true. :D. I liked it because they actually played videos but I've just watched them on my PC or iPad when I want to watch them.

More people have cable than sattelite tv or fios and uverse

isaacmorseMI said:
FiOS has had MSG since they launched in NY or at-least for a few years now.
FIOS only had the SD feed of MSG until very recently. MSG was witholding their HD feed from FIOS until the FCC stepped in last fall and ruled against them. Verizon just started providing the HD feed in mid-December.

FIOS only had the SD feed of MSG until very recently. MSG was witholding their HD feed from FIOS until the FCC stepped in last fall and ruled against them. Verizon just started providing the HD feed in mid-December.

This is true., and the FCC's involvement is the only reason they got HD feeds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)