Possible credit for Direct customers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iFIX Solutions

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
First off I am not stirring the pot. I just wanted to pass along that Direct offered me a $250 credit to get me to stay instead of moving to FiOS. I choose not to take them up on the offer but I thought I would pass the info on to others. I have been a Direct customer for over 10 years and I have been out of contract for some time. Your mileage may vary.

Pretty typical of a good customer that pays their bills and is out of contract. I have got some very similar incentives from DirecTV, both in and out of contract. It's why I am still with them.

Same here.

When your out of a commitment, or close to being out of one,
Directv will give you some sweet deals.

If you tell them your looking at Dish network, the deals get sweeter.
Like free Seasonal sports packs, HD DVRS.

I was really torn. We never have any issues out of our old HR10-250 but we have had nothing but trouble out of the HR-21 700. I just got tired of them charging me $20 shipping every time they send a replacement out for a leased receiver.

We'll see how FiOS works out. I've had it in the past for Internet access but never for TV. So far the service is good but @ 18 hours of HD the DVR is way too small. Hopefully we can make it work. Direct gave me a few days to come back and still get the $250 credit.

I was really torn. We never have any issues out of our old HR10-250 but we have had nothing but trouble out of the HR-21 700. I just got tired of them charging me $20 shipping every time they send a replacement out for a leased receiver.

We'll see how FiOS works out. I've had it in the past for Internet access but never for TV. So far the service is good but @ 18 hours of HD the DVR is way too small. Hopefully we can make it work. Direct gave me a few days to come back and still get the $250 credit.

Ask D* to upgrade you to a HR24 and you'll be much happier.

I'd definitely take up the credit or try and get ST for free and replace your HD DVR with an HR24

I subscribe to DIRECTV.

I'll have to give DIRECT a try sometime.
15wfdk4.gif

was waiting for somewhere to post this;)

Ask D* to upgrade you to a HR24 and you'll be much happier.
Will they actually be able to do that specific model? I always heard Directv cannot promise exact model numbers. My contract is up in October, and I dislike the slowness of my HR22.

Will they actually be able to do that specific model? I always heard Directv cannot promise exact model numbers. My contract is up in October, and I dislike the slowness of my HR22.

No, but you may be able to talk to them and have them credit you the price of the HR24 and buy it from a local vendor or a Site Sponsor.

Claude at "Dish Store" has them and Solid Signal also does.

No, but you may be able to talk to them and have them credit you the price of the HR24 and buy it from a local vendor or a Site Sponsor.

Claude at "Dish Store" has them and Solid Signal also does.
exactly, If D* is making you pay $199 anyway, you might as well get one from a Retailer and pick out what you want.

Or Just take what you get from D*.
I got the HR 23, But my sister with a free upgrade 1 week later got the HR 21.:eek: Its all a matter of luck. We also only live 1/2 mile apart.

I have to admit both my HR22's blow...I was about a week away from getting the HR24's & now have to do some serious negotiating.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts