Texas/Texas Tech

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bbixler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 13, 2010
Spring Grove, PA
Looking to 'move' tonight so I can get the Texas/Texas Tech game on ABCHD instead of having to watch it on the SD mirror channel.

Looks like the furthest north DMA that is getting that game in HD is Harrisonburg, VA but, if I'm looking at the correct transponder, I'm only getting a 72 on that spot beam. Any idea if that will be strong enough? Any other location to me that I could check signal strength that might get the game?

Looking to 'move' tonight so I can get the Texas/Texas Tech game on ABCHD instead of having to watch it on the SD mirror channel.

Looks like the furthest north DMA that is getting that game in HD is Harrisonburg, VA but, if I'm looking at the correct transponder, I'm only getting a 72 on that spot beam. Any idea if that will be strong enough? Any other location to me that I could check signal strength that might get the game?

Have you checked ESPN2 HD to see if it isn't available on that channel, in your area?:D

I'm sorry, haven't been on Direct since June. All of our sports programming has been HD, since I've been on Uverse.:D

I'm sorry, haven't been on Direct since June. All of our sports programming has been HD, since I've been on Uverse.:D

This has nothing to do with Direct TV and everything to do with ABC/ESPN. You will not get this game on Uverse this evening in HD unless you get it on your local ABC station.

I think tonight it is either ESPN2 or ABC, no alternate. Both will be in HD, one will be on ABC, the other on ESPN2.

bbilxler,
The way I read it, and I'm in the same area as you, is.

ABC will have the ND/MSU game in HD on ABC.
ESPN2 will have the Texas / TT game on ESPN2 in HD.

Seeing it's on ESPN2 on 209 at 8:07 it will be on in HD.
IF you want it in SD move to 211.

bbilxler,
The way I read it, and I'm in the same area as you, is.

ABC will have the ND/MSU game in HD on ABC.
ESPN2 will have the Texas / TT game on ESPN2 in HD.

Seeing it's on ESPN2 on 209 at 8:07 it will be on in HD.
IF you want it in SD move to 211.

Not according to the map I'm seeing at that link. I am in the orange for Texas Tech/Texas and the map says ESPN 2 SD channel 211 or ESPN3.com. I expect 209 to be blacked out when I turn to it at 8:00pm tonight.

Not according to the map I'm seeing at that link. I am in the orange for Texas Tech/Texas and the map says ESPN 2 SD channel 211 or ESPN3.com. I expect 209 to be blacked out when I turn to it at 8:00pm tonight.

Hmmm, thats interesting, now you got me wondering as according to that is's in SD, like you pointed out, but the channel guide says HD, but that could always be that way.

Thats gonna sux , I was gonna watch that game too.

I guess I won't bother now.

What does the guide say for 209 at the time slot?

It says the Notre Dame game or the Texas Tech game. Channel 209 will be blacked out for me and I will only get the Texas Tech game in SD on Channel 211. The map has me in the orange for that game which means SD ONLY.

Depending on your location and color on the map you may very well have both games in HD. Texas on ABC and Notre Dame on ESPN 2.

By the way, no one in the entire county should have the Texas game in HD on ESPN 2. That game will either be on the SD channel 211 or on your local ABC in HD.

Hmmm, thats interesting, now you got me wondering as according to that is's in SD, like you pointed out, but the channel guide says HD, but that could always be that way.

Thats gonna sux , I was gonna watch that game too.

I guess I won't bother now.

Yeah, been looking forward to that game all week and just realized this afternoon it will only be in SD for Pennsylvania....can't watch that garbage for football....LOL

It says the Notre Dame game or the Texas Tech game. It will be blacked out for me and I will only get the Texas Tech game in SD on Channel 211. The map has me in the orange for that game which means SD ONLY.

Depending on your location and color on the map you may very well have both games in HD. Texas on ABC and Notre Dame on ESPN 2.

By the way, no one in the entire county should have the Texas game in HD on ESPN 2. That game will either be on the SD channel 211 or on your local ABC in HD.

I'm in the same color area as you are.....

This is just DUMB, if thats the case WHY even show it on ESPN2 if no one can get it in HD.

I'm in the same color area as you are.....

This is just DUMB, if thats the case WHY even show it on ESPN2 if no one can get it in HD.

Yep, doesn't make any sense to me. I mean look at all the games on their family of networks this afternoon in HD and they can't put both of these games on HD for the entire country?

Hopefully I'm wrong and the orange areas will get it in HD but I'm 99% sure we won't!:rant::rant:

Yep....209 is blacked out (not available in my area it says). Got the Texas/Texas Tech game on 211 in SD. ABC has Michigan State and Notre Dame.

Yep....209 is blacked out (not available in my area it says). Got the Texas/Texas Tech game on 211 in SD. ABC has Michigan State and Notre Dame.

Same here ...
Really don't understand why it's B.O., seeing were no where's near being able to drive to the game.

This is just stupid.

Well the commercial's in SD are really bad, lets hope the football feed is better.

This would not have happened had ND stayed on thier OWN network NBC to start with.

Same here ...
Really don't understand why it's B.O., seeing were no where's near being able to drive to the game.

This is just stupid.

Well the commercial's in SD are really bad, lets hope the football feed is better.

This would not have happened had ND stayed on thier OWN network NBC to start with.

Notre Dame is only NBC for their home games.

Damn, SD sucks....LOL. My eyes can't take it.:eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.