possible new service

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gregsmy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
fl
Hi, I am thinking of changing from std cable to sat.tv and have a few questions regarding direct tv. I am looking at either dish network or direct tv and have already posted some questions regading dish network. I am considering the choice xtra package (34.99 12 months) and possbily the dvr service but probably not hd. I have 4 tvs in the house but 2 of them are in extra rooms that rarely get used and I was wondering if you can split the output from 1 receiver to go to 2 different tvs to save $5 a month? Can you get the free hd dvr if you dont sign up for the hd or dvr service initially? And if you cant, are you able to drop the hd or dvr service within the contract period without a penalty? How do they handle local channels? Is it required like DN? Any other thoughts or help regarding getting the best deal is greatly appreciated.

All outputs from the receivers are active, so you can use them to feed other TVs. How, depends on which receiver you get.

I don't believe you can get an HD receiver without also ordering the HD pack.

You didn't give your location, so we can't answer your local channel availability question.

Thanks for the reply. Zip code is 32653 gainesville, fl Do you get to specify which receiver? Do you know about being able to drop the hd or dvr service?

Do you have any HDTVs now ?
Do you plan to get any HDTVs soon ?

Direct HD service requires a different dish antenna thing on the roof.
If you have an HDTV or plan to get one you're best off to order HD service from direct straight off. That's how my daughter did it.

I have 1 HD tv now, but in order to stay on a budget I am probably going to skip HD service for now. Currently I am on sd cable and live with the crappy picture because I dont want to pay the higher price the cable company wants for digital or HD. I figure going to digital satellite service will be a good enough improvement for now. My only thought is that sometime in the future I may want to add HD or DVR and figure I would have to buy another receiver, so why not try to get it for free in the begining.

I think I have figured out local stations are not available. What would my option be to get local stations?

I think I have figured out local stations are not available. What would my option be to get local stations?

antenna. if you live close to the towers, you could probably get away with an indoor. if not, an outdoor variety would be required.

Would I have to purchase a new receiver if I decided I wanted to add HD or dvr service in the future? If I opt for the free hd/dvr receiver online it automatically adds the services. I am still needing to know if I could drop the services in a couple of months if I needed to save some money and still keep the receiver in case I decide to re add the service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts