Possible NFL RedZone offering on Directv w/o Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
stonecold

stonecold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 23, 2004
Directv La La Land
Ok to stop any further specualtion from going around I will say what I been cleared to say on this .

Yes RZC can be had as a retention offer.

Is it Free? Yes and No It depends and no I cant tell you what it depends on.
So you either get it free or at a one time charge.

Does it help that I had NFLST before ? Yes

Are you going to answer any more questions on this offer ? NO

JerryVolunteer

JerryVolunteer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 30, 2004
Memphis, TN
I just called to check on the RZC and they told me sure they could addiut but of course pitched the Sunday Ticket to me. They offered Sunday Ticket and D would pay for the first 3 payments of $49.99 if i pay for the last 3 payments and they would throw in Sunday Ticket to go. So i gladly accepted. Sunday Ticket = $150. I use to have ST but have not had it for about four years.

jcrandall

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
I posted this a few days ago in the Sunday Ticket discount thread:

Spoke to a rep last night about NFL. She quickly offered me a reduced price of $39.99 for 6 months ($240) and I said I can't afford that. I asked her about sportss pack and if Directv was going to add redzone like Dish did to the sports pack. She said wait a second and then offered free redzone as a standalone channel. She did offer me NFlST again after discussing redzone for the $240 but never dropped to the $180 price. I didn't pust the price though, I watch redzone or one of the nationally aired games most of the time anyway.

I did not have NFL last year but did the year before. I actually called to cancel Showtime but she offered $5 off that for 6 months so I kept it and we got to talking aboutother options. I am very pleased, as pratically always with Directv.

For what it is worth I had NFL Ticket for three years, 2006, 2007, 2008. I dropped it last year due to cost. I really enjoy RedZone but even the $150/$180 Sunday Ticket price is pushing it for me. I work 1 in 3 Sunday's which really hurts the value so to speak.

cfb

cfb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 10, 2009
California
Yep, make it mysterious and inconsistent. Thats always going to produce good results.

jcrandall

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Hopefully DirecTV will see the DEMAND for it and offer RedZone as a standalone channel. I too would have gladly paid a fair amount for it ($5/mo for season or so) or as an addition to the sports pack. $49 is about the max I would consider.

Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Hopefully DirecTV will see the DEMAND for it and offer RedZone as a standalone channel. I too would have gladly paid a fair amount for it ($5/mo for season or so) or as an addition to the sports pack. $49 is about the max I would consider.

If they continue to drop the price of the ST, there wouldn't be the damand for the RZC.

Drop ST down to $ 150- $ 200, I think their numbers would skyrocket.

dcowboy7

dcowboy7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 27, 2007
Pequannock, NJ
If they continue to drop the price of the ST, there wouldn't be the damand for the RZC.

Drop ST down to $ 150- $ 200, I think their numbers would skyrocket.

But weve been thru this befoe.

The NFL/networks like to keep a "cap" on the # of ST subs.

Has to do with not hurting ratings for tv ad/local revenue.

That why they luv that directv is the sole provider.

Status
Please reply by conversation.