Possible Scam Going On by company pretending to be DISH affiliate...

i'll bet this is it. That's why I consider it a Dish scam since they're allowing third parties access to our information so easily. We've had numerous phone calls from scammers in the last few years pretending to be Dish. They weren't quite as bad as this one, but they had access to all our customer info to the point they sound very much like Dish.

To the people who have received the scam call: What kind of account information did they recite back to you in order to make themselves sound legit? Just name, phone number, and address? Or like account number, last 4 digits of SSN? Someone said that they actually made programming changes to the person's account in real time. It might be helpful to know what type of info they actually have in hand. That also might narrow down where they are getting said info from.
That is the $64K question. How are these "pretenders" getting Dish account info? It sounds to me like they are actual affiliates, not pretenders, if they have this type of access.

Or, possibly current or ex-employee(s) with continued access to their systems. After all, they fire 20% of their workforce annually, plus however many leave voluntarily. Add to that the apparently poor work environment, and that's a lot of disgruntled people floating around with previous, and possibly current, access to their DB and systems.

That is the $64K question. How are these "pretenders" getting Dish account info? It sounds to me like they are actual affiliates, not pretenders, if they have this type of access.

Or, possibly current or ex-employee(s) with continued access to their systems. After all, they fire 20% of their workforce annually, plus however many leave voluntarily. Add to that the apparently poor work environment, and that's a lot of disgruntled people floating around with previous, and possibly current, access to their DB and systems.

Hmmm. Implies lax security protocols, which is easily believable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)