OTHER Possible setup?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question, but I've been out of the FTA game since I lived at my parents' house as a teenager in the late 90's. Back then we had a C-Band dish and I would spend a lot of time cruising the skies looking for wild feeds.

I now have my own house and I have some flexibility on what I can install here. However, just out of sheer curiosity, is there any way to use or otherwise retrofit a DISH 1000.2 twin Eastern Arc setup to receive any kind of FTA stuff with a separate receiver? Is the dish usable with different LNB's? The girlfriend doesn't want me mounting any more "Stuff" on the roof if I don't have to.

Tell her you have to. :D

If you retrofit a different LNBF on the dish, yes you can use it to get some things. However, you really need at least a 1 meter dish for serious scanning.
If you are tech savvy and good with working with things you can grab a universal bracket and a linear LNBF and put it on the dish you have to get your feet wet.
Like you said you will have to purchase another receiver made for FTA.

Reactions: danristheman

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts