Possible Site Outtage This Weekend

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Well folks our new server is (almost) on its way to our ISP. It was delayed a few days due to the fact that we decided to add a battery backup to our RAID controller for more protection.

The system has been fully tested by our server Guru LER (Larry) and he gives it two thumbs up.

Larry just needs to drop the server off to be shipped and then its on its way.

We are hoping that the new server is there and is online for the weekend. Because of this there MAY be some downtime of SatelliteGuys over the weekend as we work to move everything over to the new system.

We need to move over quickly as our lease on this server ends on the 31st. (And I don't have another $1,200 to keep this one running for another month) :)

We will work hard to make sure we keep any downtime to a minimum.

I will update this thread as I know more.

Thanks for telling us. You would be amazed at how many web sites don't let folks know about planned outages.

Scott Greczkowski said:
our lease on this server ends on the 31st.
That could be interesting as there are only 30 days in June.. :D:D:D

Thanks for the notice though...

Update - The new server will be installed at our new ISP later today.

In preperation for the move we have noticed a bug in the move script, because of this the folks from Cpanel are now logged into the server and are fixing the error. It is believed that the error is being caused by a currupt install of Perl.

There may be a few moments where the system slows down for a bit while they do their work. I will let you know when they are done.

n0qcu said:
That could be interesting as there are only 30 days in June.. :D:D:D

Thanks for the notice though...

"Thirty days hath September, April, June, and Bobby Brown." :D

Well the server is in the new ISP and we have been working on it all night. Quite frankly I am amazed how good things have gone up until now!

I have moved all the sites hosted on this server to the new server, this includes the ad server and other auxilary Satelliteguys services to the new server.

The only two sites which have not been moved to the new server are the two biggest sites, SatelliteGuys.US and DishRetailer.COM.

By the time you wake up tommorow the DNS will have been updated and functions such as the ads server will be coming off the new server and new ISP!

Please let us know if you see anything strange. :)

Damn it, for once I got to agree with you. :yikes

BTW looks like DNS was updated overnight and the ads and other support systems for SatelliteGuys is now coming off the new server. All appears well, although I will still be tweeking the new server today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts