Status
Please reply by conversation.

gary s

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 9, 2003
Southern Cal
Is it possible to switch from one tuner to the other on the HR-20 while viewing Directv?

Is it possible to switch from one tuner to the other on the HR-20 while viewing Directv?

I would assume you are asking about the ability to pause and switch to another tuner. This is referred to as DLB and not a feature on the HR2x series DVR. If you do a search on DLB you will find a wealth of opinions on the topic.

Yes, you can switch between tuners, However, you lose the buffer.
The workaround is to set one channel to record and then change the channel to access the other tuner.

Yes, you can switch between tuners, However, you lose the buffer.
The workaround is to set one channel to record and then change the channel to access the other tuner.

I was not thinking about the buffer.

The reason I asked was because last night I was watching a channel when a show came on that was recording that I didn't want to watch live at that time. So, I changed the channel and as you stated it did change to the channel on the other tuner. However, I thought I was recording on both tuners. Big Brother After Dark was supposed to be recording also at that time but for some reason it wasn't so it allowed the channel change. I thought changing the channel had stopped the recording of BBAD.

Now I found out tonight by trying to change the channel when both tuners were recording that it brings up a screen asking if you want to stop one of the recordings and go ahead with your channel change.

Anyway, the reason I asked about switching tuners is because I also have DishNetwork and they have a "swap" button on the 622/722 remote that will switch back and forth between the two tuners whether you're recording or not.

Thanks for the replies.

Anyway, the reason I asked about switching tuners is because I also have DishNetwork and they have a "swap" button on the 622/722 remote that will switch back and forth between the two tuners whether you're recording or not.

Thanks for the replies.

Isn't this one of the things that E* is being sued by TiVo for - DLB's?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts