Possible to daisy chain internet out of HR44 to dvd player?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kirecoma

Original poster
Jan 13, 2014
NC
Recently upgraded from a hr22 to hr44. I'm trying to find a way to connect my blu ray player to the internet. With my previous setup, the hr22 got internet through a wireless gaming adapter and I daisy chained the internet connection from the extra ethernet port on the back of the hr22 to the blu ray player.

My current setup has the hr44 connected through the internal wireless capabilities. But when I connect a ethernet chord from the hr44 to the blu ray player I can't get a internet connection at my blu ray player. Is there anyway to change a setting in the hr44 to make the ethernet port on the back of the hr44 an output?

The wireless gaming adapter I use to use no longer works and I would like to find a way to connect my blu ray player to the internet while spending as little as possible on additional equipment.
Anybody know of a solution? (It's not feasible to run a cat 5 cable from my router to the location of the blu ray player.)

:welcome to Satelliteguys kirecoma!

You can't daisy chain the ethernet from the HR44. Perhaps a wireless dongle for the blu ray player?

Would it be possible to hook up a deca adapter going from the hr44 to the swm power supply and then hook up a ethernet cable from the deca adapter to the blu ray player? I'm not sure if this would even work and if it did if it would cause problems down the line for my other receiver (hr22) connected through the swm?

My current receiver setup is an hr44 connected through wireless and the coax going to it come from the swm power supply. In the bedroom I have a hr22 that is fed from the swm switch and has a deca adapter connecting it to the internet.

From what I've read online a usb wireless dongle will not work with my blu ray player. I could get a deca adapter cheap online if the idea I have above would work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts