Possibly going from Roof to Pole Mount ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
DetFan said:
Direct told me 99 to swap and 75 for the service call. Yikes. Wonder if I can get a local contractor cheaper.

Sent Using My Galaxy Note

What? Service calls are only $49.95 where did they get these 2 numbers!?

Service swap means that the receiver was existing already but has become defective. Upgrading a box because you want to and directv knows it will add another 24 months but simply having a service tech come to your home and you convince him it's defective won't.

For example, I come to your home and find a receiver won't power on. That would constitute a service swap. Internet deca goes bad, service swap. Fan noise is an issue, the list goes on. If you have an HR20 and all I have is HR24's then you get a new 24 without a new contract

So a service swap is for defective equipment like I said. It's a confusing term because it sounds like just an exchange of equipment.

raoul5788 said:
So a service swap is for defective equipment like I said. It's a confusing term because it sounds like just an exchange of equipment.

Yeah, they're practically the same only 1 is for existing equipment and the other is for if we activate and something is wrong we can swap it without making another work order. It's the siebel system. It's a stupid system lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)