? post on fine adjustment modification for fortec dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here is a prototype that we are designing for the GEOSATpro 90cm. Working with the manufacturer at this time to incorporate.

Brian, with the threaded rod so close to the pivot point, you will want a fine and not coarse threaded rod. Also, make sure that the pivot point hole does not have any play in it, but instead be a tight fit. This is similar to my Starchoice dish, but due to too much play in all the holes, it is useless for adjusting the dish. The further the threaded rod from the pivot point, the finer the adjustment you will be able to make.

Thanks for the input! This photo was taken for the mechanical engineers to demonstrate the concept during an early phase of testing. We are now testing a finer thread, shorter rod and attaching to the center top of the hardware. We are limited in distance from the pivot point by the height of the post clamp. The side mount may end up being the only universal position to allow top and bottom mounting of the dish.

It never ceases to amaze me how photos can overcome language barriers!

Brian, with the threaded rod so close to the pivot point, you will want a fine and not coarse threaded rod. Also, make sure that the pivot point hole does not have any play in it, but instead be a tight fit. This is similar to my Starchoice dish, but due to too much play in all the holes, it is useless for adjusting the dish. The further the threaded rod from the pivot point, the finer the adjustment you will be able to make.

I was about to modify my 90CM Fortec dish with pole mount to add a fine adjustment turnbuckle or something for elevation. However, I seem to remember someone posting about this, perhaps it wasn't in this forum, but I thought it was.

first of all, the turnbuckle is to bring the surface accuracy of the Foretec 1.2m back into compliance when adding the best consumer Ku-band LNBF in the world, a heavy invacom to the dish.

For elevation adjustment, my setup is here in this thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/160081-fortec-1-2m-dish-elevation-mod-2.html

Walrus1957, if you still have any of the fine adjustment kits for the Winegard please let me know how to get one. I tried to PM you but your inbox is full. Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts