Post Pictures Of Your Setup!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mburgess

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
I just purchased a 52 inch RCA HD TV
I am having trouble placing it and organizing all of my componets... (I'm used to smaller tv's with entertainment centers)

Please post pictures of your setup .. maybe I can get some ideas..

thanks.

I know the feeling...

I live in Manhattan where space is at a premium and I have a 57 inch hitachi. I have 5 components...a vcr, an audio receiver, a DVD changer, an HTL-HD receiver and a Samsung Direct-Tivo...Plus a Silver surfer.

I had two black partical board shelves cut to fit the largest component which was the dvd player. I bought screws that are made for brick and attached the shelves side-by-side over the TV and placed the components on the shelves. The receiver, vcr and DVD on one side and DTV equipment on the other. I drilled a hole in each shelf to run the wires through.

It looks good, my girlfriend doesn't even complain.

Attachments

• system.jpg
    system.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 465
Which Sony model is that? I'm looking to get the 51" version this weekend. My best friend has it and he has TWC (after a bad experience with Voom's installer being a pain he's sworn off satellite TV) and the HD channels on his looks AWESOME! So does his Xbox games and DVDs.

lol 022266!

Neutron my TV is the 65" KDP-65WS550 I use video essentials to set the color and picture. The pro setting is ok but its better to tweak it and I think the picture is stunning.

55" Phillips
bought 3 piece cabinet at local Handytv store around 300.00

Attachments

• xmas2003 026.jpg
    xmas2003 026.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 429
My inlaws have that set and I have the 60, not for nothing but weren't you shocked at the PQ of the Phillips, rkr0923? I came into this TV purchase thinking Mitsu/Toshiba/Sony for sure.. ended up with Phillips and been damn happy with it.

I'm being completely honest when I say this............I looked at many many TV's before I bought this one, I couldn't be Happier with my choice. I've yet to see one (RPTV)that had a better picture. Every store I go in that has HD sets I go look them over, still to this day, I can't complain about my set.

What do you have behind the wall of your TV? In my case, I have a 65 inch Toshiba and had no room at all for my components. My TV is on an interior wall right behind the closet of my guest bedroom. I just cut a hole through the wall and put all of my components in a cabinet in the closet and run the cables through the wall. My TV has remote control output, so I just put IR blasters in the cabinet and I can control them all through the TV.

pradike said:
Nothing like watching HD on the "big screen"....

I need to pull down the money you do for a while bro, I always wanted some kind of "stadium seating" like you got, everyone thinks I'm crazy.. I printed out that picture and going to run around saying THIS IS WHAT I WANT! For the next year or two, thanks Mr. OMGHOT-HT-Guy.

That's a totally sweet setup dude.....I thought mine was pretty good, then I saw my neighbor's across the street, makes mine look positively cramped (12x17)......his is every bigger than yours, although not as nicely appointed...how about a color version?

LP

ljp416jmp said:
...how about a color version?
I think that IS a color version... it's just very neutrally painted. As home theaters should be if you really want to do things to the letter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts