Post what DirecTV retention offered you!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've had several missed calls from a Provo, Utah, number, but they didn't leave a message. They finally called when my wife was here and the caller said he was from DirecTV, and they had received word that there were people in our area who thought their DirecTV bills were to high, and he was calling to offer a deal to lower our bill. She told him to call back on Monday because it was my day off and he would have to talk with me. No call. I was interested in seeing if it was actually even DirecTV. I'm out of contract, and have been meaning to call for a couple of months to see what kind of a deal they would give me. I'm also trying to watch everything on our HR24 before I call and lose it. I'm obviously due an eqipment upgrade if nothing else. It just seems like every time I plan on calling, something comes up. Hopefully Saturday will be a nice peaceful day.

I called the day my contract ended and was offered $10 off Advanced Receiver Service for 12 months, $7 off HBO for $6 months and an additional $10 off as an "other discount" for 12 months. I took it.

Reactions: Bogy
I got $20 off for 12 months, plus a missed referral credit and Sunday Ticket for free !

Not great but acceptable.

Also got my lack of employee discount ($10) pushed to the higher ups.

Wondering what will be offered once the merger goes thru.

There was nothing they could offer me that came close to matching what Mediacom offered me for TV, phone and Internet. At this point, satellite has no answer for competent cableco's bundling.

There was nothing they could offer me that came close to matching what Mediacom offered me for TV, phone and Internet. At this point, satellite has no answer for competent cableco's bundling.
Unless you are like me, and being able to watch more than one baseball game a week is a requirement. Then Mediacom is not an alternative, at least not in my community.

Unless you are like me, and being able to watch more than one baseball game a week is a requirement. Then Mediacom is not an alternative, at least not in my community.

For the most part, it is the sports we want that make a provider a viable choice. In my case, boxing and golf are the only sports of real interest and virtually all the cable/sat companies have plenty of both of those.

Interestingly, even though Mediacom has fewer HD channels overall, they have all of the ones I watch, as do both Dish and Direct.

For the most part, it is the sports we want that make a provider a viable choice. In my case, boxing and golf are the only sports of real interest and virtually all the cable/sat companies have plenty of both of those.

Interestingly, even though Mediacom has fewer HD channels overall, they have all of the ones I watch, as do both Dish and Direct.
For me, it's who can get me the most Cardinal's games. When my son lived 40 miles east of me, in Waterloo, they got all the Cardinals games on Mediacom. But in the little town I live in, nothing. MLB.TV only works if you like watching games after they are over. At least if you live in Iowa, where you are considered by all the teams in the midwest to be in their market, so they are all blacked out. Satellite is my only option. But this is off topic for this thread. Back on topic, I'll be calling either tonite or tomorrow, and while I would like a break in what I pay, what I really want is some equipment upgrades.

My local cable co quoted me a great deal and even offered to pay my early termination fee of three months. I called in to cancel Directv and set up up a date 2 weeks out. Several days later Directv called me and offered an unbelievable deal. $43 off a month for a year, $200 gift card, Sunday Ticket, 3 months of all movie channels. I had to do a contract extension of 12 months but at that price I couldn't refuse. I was searching to see if I was the only that got this deal and apparently almost anyone setting up a cancel date is offered this. There is a huge thread on this offer on slickdeals.

Reactions: IcEWoLF
My local cable co quoted me a great deal and even offered to pay my early termination fee of three months. I called in to cancel Directv and set up up a date 2 weeks out. Several days later Directv called me and offered an unbelievable deal. $43 off a month for a year, $200 gift card, Sunday Ticket, 3 months of all movie channels. I had to do a contract extension of 12 months but at that price I couldn't refuse. I was searching to see if I was the only that got this deal and apparently almost anyone setting up a cancel date is offered this. There is a huge thread on this offer on slickdeals.
This is the way to keep your customers from leaving. I've never understood why companies focus on new customers and neglect the ones they have. You already setup the equipment, try to keep them happy with programming discounts.

This is a good thread!

I subscribe to premium movie programming. I get something in the way of a deal, lately, by calling with being prepared to lower my level of subscription. I wait to see what is offered. If anything isn't, then I go ahead and lower my subscription level. If anything is, and it's pleasing enough for me, then I take DirecTV up on its offer.

I'm not saying anything different here. It's that many of us realize that by making such a call … we understand why it is to our advantage and why it is worth our time and effort.

Reactions: IcEWoLF
Glad most of you guys are getting some awesome offers. Also the winback department of directv offers great deals! All you have to do is stand your ground. :)

Currently out of contract
$10 off for 12 months (renews contract for 12 months)
or $5 off for 12 months (No contract)
+
$5 off for Auto Bill Pay
+
HBO, MAX, Sho free for 3 months (call to Cancel) OR Sho free for 4 months (Auto cancel)

Gonna call back to see if I can get more.

Currently out of contract
$10 off for 12 months (renews contract for 12 months)
or $5 off for 12 months (No contract)
+
$5 off for Auto Bill Pay
+
HBO, MAX, Sho free for 3 months (call to Cancel) OR Sho free for 4 months (Auto cancel)

Gonna call back to see if I can get more.
If you actually set a cancel date for several weeks out they will call or send you an e-mail offering a lot more than that. Be ready to really cancel though, one person set up a cancel date a week out and they cancelled him that night. He had to wait for several days with no TV before they offered him the new deals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)