Post what DirecTV retention offered you!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My local cable co quoted me a great deal and even offered to pay my early termination fee of three months. I called in to cancel Directv and set up up a date 2 weeks out. Several days later Directv called me and offered an unbelievable deal. $43 off a month for a year, $200 gift card, Sunday Ticket, 3 months of all movie channels. I had to do a contract extension of 12 months but at that price I couldn't refuse. I was searching to see if I was the only that got this deal and apparently almost anyone setting up a cancel date is offered this. There is a huge thread on this offer on slickdeals.
I didn't get close to anything like that from DirecTV. Got the $200 gift card offer, Sunday Ticket (I am not an NFL fan), and $20 a month off. I'd been with them for seven years.

I didn't get close to anything like that from DirecTV. Got the $200 gift card offer, Sunday Ticket (I am not an NFL fan), and $20 a month off. I'd been with them for seven years.
Like anything it's YMMV but some of the other posts said the rep they talked to only gave them a few things at first and had to be asked for additional goodies. I take it you set up a cancel date and they contacted you. Until you get in their system you wont get all of the perks. I still had five months left on my contract and had been with them since 2001.

I might try setting a cancel date when my contract is up in a couple of months and see what happens. I would actually be willing to try Dish again if it goes wrong.

Like anything it's YMMV but some of the other posts said the rep they talked to only gave them a few things at first and had to be asked for additional goodies. I take it you set up a cancel date and they contacted you. Until you get in their system you wont get all of the perks. I still had five months left on my contract and had been with them since 2001.
Yes, I had a cancel date.

Reactions: madmadworld
I was offered only $25 for a year, so I canceled. A week later I received the return box with a "New Customer" offer. Too late, I already switched to Dish.

He said he wasn't an NFL fan, so the 'value' of NFL Sunday Ticket is zero to him as it would be to me.
Did he infirm them of that ?
Did they offer anything else ?

How long was the 20 off for, if 24 months, many times it is, that's 480 AND they gave him a 200 dollar gift card.

If the 20 off was only for 12 months, that's still over 400 dollars they offered him.

Note that I didn't say it wasn't a good deal just that the NFL part had no value to him. When I dropped D* they offered me quite a bit too, but I switched anyway.

Did he infirm them of that ?
Did they offer anything else ?

How long was the 20 off for, if 24 months, many times it is, that's 480 AND they gave him a 200 dollar gift card.

If the 20 off was only for 12 months, that's still over 400 dollars they offered him.

I couldn't use the $200 card for D* service -- so I'd still be paying over $100 for TV, which was simply not acceptable. I determined what my Mediacom bill was for TV alone, with the equivalent of the Choice Xtra package, as well as HD and whole-home TiVO service, and asked DirecTV if they would match it. They said no way.

I couldn't use the $200 card for D* service -- so I'd still be paying over $100 for TV, which was simply not acceptable. I determined what my Mediacom bill was for TV alone, with the equivalent of the Choice Xtra package, as well as HD and whole-home TiVO service, and asked DirecTV if they would match it. They said no way.
Why could you not use the Visa (or whatever card it was) towards your D* bill ?
I do that every year.

If you actually set a cancel date for several weeks out they will call or send you an e-mail offering a lot more than that. Be ready to really cancel though, one person set up a cancel date a week out and they cancelled him that night. He had to wait for several days with no TV before they offered him the new deals.
They also said I could get the HR44 but when it came it was a 34. No disappointed because I figured I would not get the 44, I called and let them know. They said the only guaranteed way to get the 44 was to get Wireless clients and a $99 set up fee that cannot be waived. I said no, I don't need the clients and will continue to use the sluggish 34. Then they offered me $15 of a month for 12 months plus SHO, HBO and MAX free for 3 months.
I was ok with that...

They also said I could get the HR44 but when it came it was a 34. No disappointed because I figured I would not get the 44, I called and let them know. They said the only guaranteed way to get the 44 was to get Wireless clients and a $99 set up fee that cannot be waived. I said no, I don't need the clients and will continue to use the sluggish 34. Then they offered me $15 of a month for 12 months plus SHO, HBO and MAX free for 3 months.
I was ok with that...
Had you happened to mention to them that you were planning on using the wireless portion of the HR44 to connect to your internet, they would have sent a 44 ... at least they did for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)