Post what phone you use

My credit score was bad, I had to get this one.

80s_brick_cell.jpg

I've got one like that here. The old Nokia P30...basically Nokia's version of the brick phone

here are some older phones I used
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1468387-post1.html

As of yesterday the HTC Hero! Really liking it but then again I upgraded from a 3 year old samsung flip phone. The only problem I have is I cant get the clock on the home screen to display the right time. rest of the phone displays the right time though

As of yesterday the HTC Hero! Really liking it but then again I upgraded from a 3 year old samsung flip phone. The only problem I have is I cant get the clock on the home screen to display the right time. rest of the phone displays the right time though

That been a glitch for some people. HTC is supposed to be working on a fix.

Sprint Blackberry 8330m

After being with Treos for many years and then trying the Touch Pro (worst phone we've ever had), Pre and iPhone we settled on the Blackberry Curve...may be the best phone we've ever used. It just gets communication (IMs, email, phone calls, etc.) right!

NEXTEL 8350i

Best phone I've used yet. solid stable OS, no dropped calls, and QC works great! BES mail service get's me work and personal e-mails.

best of all I don't have to pay for it.

The only down side I found with the phone is it doesn't do youtube very well, the IDEN network is too slow for it.

Although if I want watch videos, I'll use my pc.

Well, my experience with a TP2 (after my failed original TP was swapped out) has come to a screeching halt. Screen died on my TP2 this morning, so they were going to order me a new one but they are all out of availability. So the next option was a blackberry tour (tried it in store, no way, not for me at all, but I gave it a quick try). Next they said they did have 1 more TP in the back. So being that I needed some semblance of a working phone at the minimum for the next couple days, I took the TP again. Figures right out of the box, the keyboard was only working on the left side... grrr but at least the phone and screen work.

While I was there though, I played with the HTC Hero. Gotta say, I was pretty impressed with it, even the onscreen keyboard was very easy to use and felt good with the feedback mechanism for it. Really am considering an android phone (since HTC released the source code for the Hero kernel) once I get my replacement for the replacement, for the replacement.... *sigh*

Last edited:
Guys with the Hero. How is typing with the keyboard. The Hero or the Tour are my two choices for a new phone next week.

I normally hate onscreen keyboards, but the hero for some reason is very easy for me. Maybe it's setup or the haptic feedback, I honestly don't know, but for me and my not overly large hands, it's been great. It's not the normal android onscreen keyboard, it's a HTC keyboard that is very much improved over anything I've used before. Actually faster at times cause I don't have to hunt for keys on the keyboard below the screen (never got proficient at touch typing on a phone keyboard)

Last edited: