Post Your Bill

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well thanks to Satelliteguys I knew the change was coming but it was still hard to stomach looking at the actual bill. A nice $7.09 increase after the credits, but $14.09 when the credits go away. I've been a sub for 5 years and never saw an increase like that. I'm all for a company looking to make money, but come on!

I realize I'm probably not a top-tier subscriber given the mid-level package and no HD. But an ultimate 23% increase is not reasonable even considering part of that is the DHA credit I had for 2 years expired.

The good news is that I'm no longer under contract so my options are open. I actually love our service and can't find a comparable service with Cox or AT&T so we will stick with Dish. This fiasco though has at least opened my eyes and let me really look at whether or not we need that extra tuner and while it was convenient, it is not necessary so it is going back and we will also drop down to AT120+ to control our monthly expenses.

Attachments

• dish_bill.jpg
    dish_bill.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 209
Monthly Charges
Feb 23 - Mar 22

HD DuoDVR Receiver.......................... ...............17.00
Multi Sport.......................................... .................5.99
Service Plan (15/0)........................... ...................6.00
America's Everything Pak With Playboy and
Locals............................................... ...............106.99
DVR Service........................................ .................6.00
HD DuoDVR Receiver........................ .................17.00
HD & Platinum................................... ................10.00

$ 168.98

Here's my bill with updated pricing ... thankfully I'm still grandfathered with no DVR fees (yet), but I'm not clear what the "Additional Outlet - Adjustment" credits are for and if they are temporary or permanent. (I was being charged $7 for my VIP722 which I got last year under Dish'n It Up. I now appear to be getting it for no extra charge, so my bill actually went down some even before the loyalty credit.) Any suggestions on reducing my bill welcome.

Notes: (1) My main goal now is to keep my DVR fee-free 508 as long as possible - so when MPEG2 goes away someday it will be on Dish to replace my receivers. (2) BTW, the $672 from January is for yearly AT250.)

Attachments

• dish.gif
    dish.gif
    26 KB · Views: 215
HBO, Showtime and the service plan are going bye-bye when their credits run out.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-02-19 at 9.16.44 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-02-19 at 9.16.44 PM.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 192
We got WOW, Comcast, and Uverse in Metro Detroit. I'm about to get an outrageous deal with Comcast going through an independent salesman and going to have my parents sign up to that too once its installed in my house. Dishnetwork is just getting too expensive. I can get HD with DVR and one additional receiver, hbo, starz, phone service, and 16mbit internet for $90 for 2 years. Bye Bye dishnetwork.

My bill is somewhat similar to Scott's but I need to scan it in so you all can see it.

It went up about $40 per month before the credits. My wife is absolutely furious and regardless of how I feel about it the only thing that matters is how she feels about it.

Looks like I will be going to cable or maybe just OTA.

Any suggestions?

Obviously, I'm missing something here. How come everyone else seems to be paying $10/mo for HD including Platinum, and I'm getting hit for $20/mo?

Code:
Monthly Charges
HD Solo Receiver                                  7.00
SilverHD                                         10.00
PlatinumHD                                       10.00
Service Plan (15/0)                               6.00
America's Top 200 With Locals                    52.99
DVR Service                                       6.00
                                               ----------
                                               $ 91.99

I can't even find a reference on the Dish site to "SilverHD"

Like SoloP, I am being billed $20. for HD.

My bill went up $12.48, and that is with a $6. "loyalty" credit. I have been with Dish since 97 with a bill well over $100. a month. I am now questioning my loyalty.

If you outright purchase a second 222/722 receiver are you charged the $14/$17 per month?

I called a few minutes ago to inquire about upgrading to HD (I think I'm the last in the US to do this) and DN wanted $50 per receiver and $15 Technician charge to upgrade my 322's to 222k's. This was the same even after talking to a loyalty rep.
The $100 is a deal breaker when many seem to be upgrading for naught.
I'll try again tomorrow.

If you outright purchase a second 222/722 receiver are you charged the $14/$17 per month?

I called a few minutes ago to inquire about upgrading to HD (I think I'm the last in the US to do this) and DN wanted $50 per receiver and $15 Technician charge to upgrade my 322's to 222k's. This was the same even after talking to a loyalty rep.
The $100 is a deal breaker when many seem to be upgrading for naught.
I'll try again tomorrow.

From my understanding the monthly receiver charges are still there if you purchase your own receiver.

My bill is somewhat similar to Scott's but I need to scan it in so you all can see it.

It went up about $40 per month before the credits. My wife is absolutely furious and regardless of how I feel about it the only thing that matters is how she feels about it.

Looks like I will be going to cable or maybe just OTA.

Any suggestions?

What programming package(s) do you have? Do you watch all the channels?

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Makes me feel a little better...

But it still leaves open the question of how to get Dish to switch us over to the $10 plan. Anyone have advice they'd care to share?

Before: 1/2010

DISHDVR ADVANTAGE CREDIT -$3.00
DHA LEASED RECEIVER $7.00
SILVERHD $10.00
CLASSIC SILVER 200 WITH DVR $57.99
BUNDLE DISCOUNT -$5.00
Total Charges $66.99

Now: 2/2010

RECEIVER CREDIT -$5.00
BUNDLE DISCOUNT -$5.00
SILVERHD $10.00
HD DUO RECEIVER $14.00
AMERICA'S TOP 200 WITH LOCALS $52.99
DVR SERVICE $6.00
Total Charges $72.99

Equipment is a VIP722 and a VIP 222

Last edited:
Obviously, I'm missing something here. How come everyone else seems to be paying $10/mo for HD including Platinum, and I'm getting hit for $20/mo?

Code:
Monthly Charges
HD Solo Receiver                                  7.00
SilverHD                                         10.00
PlatinumHD                                       10.00
Service Plan (15/0)                               6.00
America's Top 200 With Locals                    52.99
DVR Service                                       6.00
                                               ----------
                                               $ 91.99
I can't even find a reference on the Dish site to "SilverHD"

SoloP,
I think that I know a way that you should be able to cut your bill down. Currently, you are paying $10.00 for Silver HD and $10.00 for Platinum HD. That is $20.00. What you can do is talk to a CSR either online (which is what I usually do) or by phone (as paulinespens mentioned) to have Silver & Platinum HD for $10.00 a month. That would save you at least $10.00 a month and that may also help reduce the amount of tax. I hope that this information helps you.

Before: 1/2010

DISHDVR ADVANTAGE CREDIT -$3.00
DHA LEASED RECEIVER $7.00
SILVERHD $10.00
CLASSIC SILVER 200 WITH DVR $57.99
BUNDLE DISCOUNT -$5.00
Total Charges $66.99

Now: 2/2010

RECEIVER CREDIT -$5.00
BUNDLE DISCOUNT -$5.00
SILVERHD $10.00
HD DUO RECEIVER $14.00
AMERICA'S TOP 200 WITH LOCALS $52.99
DVR SERVICE $6.00
Total Charges $72.99

Equipment is a VIP722 and a VIP 222

joefloyd,
You could be getting Silver & Platinum HD for the same price ($10.00/month) as Silver HD. I would try to talk to a CSR online or calling Dish as another member suggested to get that changed. The following channels are available in Platinum HD:
361 MAV TV HD
363 IndiePlex HD
365 RetroPlex HD
366 Universal HD
371 Centric
373 Logo
374 Fashion TV HD
383 HDNet Movies
385 MGM HD
387 Crime and Investigation Network HD
394 World Fishing Network HD

My bill went up $12.48, and that is with a $6. "loyalty" credit. I have been with Dish since 97 with a bill well over $100. a month. I am now questioning my loyalty.

brashs,
Please see the advice that I gave to SoloP and other members. I hope the information helps you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts