Post your COMMENTS about the Upgrade Here

chunchma said:
The new receiver is all setup and waiting for the authorization signal to come through so I wonder how long that might take. I was told it could take 15 minutes but I've already waited that long. Last time I upgraded to the Voom pack, it took about an hour for them to show up so I'm not going to call back for awhile.

When I tried to get my 411 authorized it took about 20 minutes and the CSR sending 'hits' to the receiver about 20 times before it took. I know I was receiving hits because my other receiver (811) updated immediately to the new programming package I purchased.

I have called into the HD Tech support line hoping to get some help after I walked through the CSR in India on my upgrade package.

Both parties tell me that I also have a 6 dollar HD Enabling fee even if I have an HD package. I told them both I wanted the HD Gold. Appearently some of the CSR's just dont have a clue.

I also was told I had to work with my "local dish retailer" if I wanted an OTA antenna. Personally I thought local retailers are not allowed to touch your equipment if you go directly through dish network.

After all this hassle I emailed CEO and got 0 response. Good Job Dish... you got one pissed off customer over here.

So is the "Enabling Fee" actually going to be on everyone's bill come next month if they got an HD receiver or only if you dont have HD Programming?

Last edited:
Saga continues:

1st call to upgrade on the 'day' = tech set me all upw/ a 211 for $49 but failed to schedule dish1000 install because 'I did not need it as I had the dish500' which was false.

Called back later in the day to 'correct' this mistake. Was told to call back in 48 hours to give them time to cancel that order and get it all cleared up because they could not do anything for some reason.

Just got off the phone a few minutes ago, could not help me out and asked me to call back Monday, I guess they still cant figure it out.

Now Im seriously looking at other alternatives to dishnetwork. I have been a customer since 2000.

411 Instead of the 211

The installer show-up on time today, but instead of the 211 as I thought I was going to get, he had the 411 instead. I sent him away and called dish, but the CSR told me that both are about the same except for the Ethernet port on the 211, which I had to explain to her, and she said that the receiver they install is based on the local installer's inventory, even though Dish's site does not even list the 411 as one of the HD receivers.

What a bunch of crap!

Anyway we will see what happens next Sat when the installer comes back out. It’s probably going to be a 411 again.

From reading the other thread, it looks like we were all right about chicagofilms not getting a 622 for $49 in the first week of the new offers. They showed up not with a 211, but a 625!

Idiots! His CSR didn't even know there was a 622. When he was asking if he was getting a 622, they were reading 625 and probably figuring that he didn't know what he was talking about.

Of course this stuff is going to happen when Dish uses a numbering scheme where a 622 is a completely different animal than a 625. Where one is upgraded from a 942 to a 622, and from an 811 to a 211.

Last edited:
Wife ordered Dish Gold Packaged on Friday, February 3rd.

Currently have 4 standard receivers and America's 180 pack and Dish 500. Want to swap out 1 receiver for HD receiver for my new Toshiba 52" DLP.

The CSR indicated the following:
Installation Fee: $49.
Install date and time: Feb. 4 (Sat) between noon and 5:00PM.
We will be getting a 211.
We can keep the Dish 500. No additional Hardware.
We will get the Atlanta local channels in HD. No off-air antenna.

Saturday afternoon at 3:45PM, received call and indicated that Dish does not have a technician available. Earliest install date would be Monday. I was not too happy about waiting around Saturday afternoon and having to reschedule the install date. The CSR put me on hold and came back with Sunday morning install between 8 and noon.

Technician arrived at 11:15AM. Confirmed that I was getting the Gold HD upgrade.
He indicated that we did need a Dish 1000. He had one in his van. (CSR wrong)
He handed me the 211 so I can get it setup.
He indicated that Atlanta HD locals are not available yet. (CSR wrong).
He swapped out the Dish 500 for a 1000. Now pointed at 110, 119, and 129.
After 45 minutes, receiver was activated and working. HD on my television was great.
Watched the Supper Bowl XL (not HD), but still was sharp enough.

DO ANY OF YOU ATLANTA, GA USERS KNOW WHEN THE LOCALS WILL BE IN HD?
Answer: Mid March is the lastest?

Last edited:
921 rebate for upgrade to 622

dmmsturm said:
During my installation rescheduling today, I was also told that if I waited until April to install I would get $200 rebate without a tradein of any kind. I said sure, I can wait another month. Then the service tech put me on hold and when he came back on line he said the rebate was only if trading in a 921/942.

I don't know how the CSRs and Service Techs get their misinformation but it seems better to always make them double check what they are saying when it runs counter to what's been posted in this forum.

I talked with a CSR this morning 0820 pacific time. She told me there was only a $25 rebate for turning in my 921. So is there a $200 rebate or not, anyone know?

There will be a $200 rebate on having a leased 622 installed. Current price is $299.

If you own a 921, you may not have to turn it in for the rebate. In the past when a trade-in was not required, Dish did offer to take your owned DVR for a $25 credit, if you desired. So there may be an option to "sell" your 921 to Dish for $25.

Yeah well I plan on calling Dish tonight about my upgrade to the 211. My local guy can not get me one right now so I will gr through Dish. Im on the AT120 pak now with the HD Pk so I plan on going to the HDSliver plan with the 211 probally will send back my 811 since I have no need for it keep my 311 on my SD TV. I will post tonight on how things go so on and I hope the person they send does a good job. It should not take long since the Dish 1000 can use the 500 mount and just hook up the new 211 should be it. Again will let folks know what Dish says tonight when I call.

They hooked my vip411 which was supposed to be a vip211 on Friday afternoon.
I get home from work and go into the menus and make the proper adjustments.
The installer did not change my TV type or scan for my locals.
Then I was working on my favorites list and tried to add FOX Southwest which is channel 416 and it was not there. Channels 416-450 was not there. So I called Dish after an hour with a 2 different CSR’s they told me to wait 24 hours then try it.
So I wait till Saturday evening and called. It took me 45 minutes just to reach someone.
He had me check switch, reset, he sent an authorization hit and it finally worked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts