Post your COMMENTS about the Upgrade Here

Wait a minute

Wait a freaking minute, why can't we all get this deal now????
chicagofilms said:
My experience was great. I was expecting to shell out $250 but ended up saving $200.

I called, waited about 15 minutes on hold which I didn't mind since I was driving & Howard had Jenna Jamison testing out the....never mind. :devil:

When I finally got a rep, I told him I wanted to exchange my leased 811 for a 622. He said it would be $49 plus the $1 hold. He gave me an install date of this Sunday, Feb. 5 between 8-12pm. :D

Overall, I got much more than was expecting in both price and install time.:up

followup

so yesterday i reported that they made my appt for 3/28, was told the lease fee is $5 mo and explained the 299 fee and then charged my card for 49.99 for no apparent reason.

i called in today and i got a new rep. she said that yesterday's rep had signed me up for a single tuner hd receiver....ack!

the rep then proceeded to read a whole list of disclosures that i had never heard before. the lease fee was corrected stated at $6/mo this time.

she was able to save my appointment, charge my card for the remaining balance, and i "should" be good to go.

one thing that she wasn't sure about is whether or not my receiver will arrive in advance of the installer.

if the receiver does show up, can i hook it up and use it and then get my hd channels when the installer shows up?

also, i asked her if i can get the dpp switch and she said that i will get everything i need to receive the programming. they aren't going to leave me with my age old non dpp switches, are they? she didn't seem to think she could do anything about that at her end.

what to do?

Yesterday at 6:30am I got an install date of Feb 11th for a ViP622. Today at 3:45pm I got a call from E* saying my installation will have to be rescheduled because of shipment problems.

My new installation is March 4th. I was afraid the Feb 11th date was too good to be true!!

another followup

Placed my 811->211/411 w/dish1000 ($49) upgrade yesterday at 3:10pm EST. Was told to expect the installer at 10am this morning and to my surprise, at 10:10am he showed up with a 411 and dish1000 with all appropriate hardware. At 11:45am the dish upgrade was done, the 411 was done and I was watching the HDplatinum package. The only hiccup was it took about 15 minutes for the 411 to authorize and the CSR person had to 'hit' the 411 about 10 times before it succeeded. In less than 24 hours from the original call my system was totally updated!!! Very happy!

Today a rep from E* called me to reschedule as well. The reason was "shipping problems". Not a surprise. They tried to schedule me from Feb 11th to the 25th. I told them I have heard about the install price dropping in a couple months and told them to cancel my order. Hell, if its going to take that long I might was well wait and see if anything changes.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Waterdd they announced this $200 rebate on the Charlie Chat last month. :)

The key is you must call to order your 622 after April 1st to quailfy for the rebate. And with the issues they are having there is no word how long you will need to wait after April 1st to get the 622 installed.

I saw Charlie Chat saying $200 rebate for 921/942 owners/leasees, but I have not heard of the $200 rebate for 6000's (like waterdd said was trading in) or anything else until a few people mentioned CSR's told them this yesterday. I just figured the CSR's were misinformed or misinterpretted the rebate rules.

So, Scott, is the rebate only for 921/942 people, or are others entitled to the rebate as well?

I've been waiting for years for my local HD channels...I can wait a month or two more for $200!

Reading these posts makes me appreciate that I left Dish years ago and avoided this DISH fiasco. I can't imagine paying $299 upfront for a DVR these days and call it a "lease". Then you have to wait for days or even weeks for someone to plug it for you. The Comcast DVR isn't a Tivo but there are no upfront costs, you can switch it out yourself for nothing by going to their office when an upgrade comes along and plug it in yourself. I like this simpler approach and so does my family.

I guess the "trap" here is that some folks want 25 channels of HD.

I knew I was waiting until April to get the 622 upgrade w/ rebate...judging from all the posts thereabouts, I may be waiting longer until the proverbial ducks are in a row at E*. I had such a smooth sign-on after losing V* last year, I was hoping for a similar experience. Hmmm. Guess I'm just another sub now ;).

if you think about it, 299 isnt that bad for a lease, considering it will be a few years untill something now comes out that will force you to upgrade again. mepg4 has been around for quite a few years. Its not like mpeg5/6/7/8/9/10 is being used on computers or anything yet.. So i dont see it happening anytime soon.

The Big Wood said:
I saw Charlie Chat saying $200 rebate for 921/942 owners/leasees, but I have not heard of the $200 rebate for 6000's (like waterdd said was trading in) or anything else until a few people mentioned CSR's told them this yesterday. I just figured the CSR's were misinformed or misinterpretted the rebate rules.

So, Scott, is the rebate only for 921/942 people, or are others entitled to the rebate as well?

I've been waiting for years for my local HD channels...I can wait a month or two more for $200!

During my installation rescheduling today, I was also told that if I waited until April to install I would get $200 rebate without a tradein of any kind. I said sure, I can wait another month. Then the service tech put me on hold and when he came back on line he said the rebate was only if trading in a 921/942.

I don't know how the CSRs and Service Techs get their misinformation but it seems better to always make them double check what they are saying when it runs counter to what's been posted in this forum.

bhenge said:
Placed my 811->211/411 w/dish1000 ($49) upgrade yesterday at 3:10pm EST. Was told to expect the installer at 10am this morning and to my surprise, at 10:10am he showed up with a 411 and dish1000 with all appropriate hardware. At 11:45am the dish upgrade was done, the 411 was done and I was watching the HDplatinum package. The only hiccup was it took about 15 minutes for the 411 to authorize and the CSR person had to 'hit' the 411 about 10 times before it succeeded. In less than 24 hours from the original call my system was totally updated!!! Very happy!

Pretty much the same experience here. After many issues getting the order placed, within a day I was watching all the HD gold channels. Ended up not getting the Dish 1000...the tech just moved my 148 dish to 129. I didn't think this was possible with a SW64 switch, but hey, it works. The only thing I was getting off of 148 was the CBSHD from LA and since we'll be getting local HD in March (fingers crossed on that one) it's not an issue.

Even with the hassles with ordering and CSR problems to get a new receiver and programming in a 24 hour period is pretty good service. Just my two cents.

Well placed my order Tues. around 4:30pm. Talked to a csr from India for about 30 minuets. Had lots of issues but placed order for 211 and a dish 1000 which I dont need, but oh well. Date was set for Feb 3 between 12 and 5 pm. Will here it is 12:50 pm Feb 3 and not even a phone call from my Installer. I live in the country and they will need directions, plus I start night shift tonight and normally sleep around this time, but would stay up if I knew they were coming. OH WELL

bymyhand said:
Today a rep from E* called me to reschedule as well. The reason was "shipping problems". Not a surprise. They tried to schedule me from Feb 11th to the 25th. I told them I have heard about the install price dropping in a couple months and told them to cancel my order. Hell, if its going to take that long I might was well wait and see if anything changes.

Mark my words, today Feb 3rd:

As 622 delays start pushing install dates further into March, a light bulb will "blink" in Denver and Dish will announce a delay in the April 1st $200 rebate for a 622 promo. I can just about guaranfriggentee it because that's the way they are.

Well I just called Dish again to verify my order. I'm still scheduled for this Sunday Feb. 5 and I asked twice if I was getting a 622 or 211 & was told the order is for the 622.

We'll see what happens on Sunday I guess.

waltinvt said:
Mark my words, today Feb 3rd:

As 622 delays start pushing install dates further into March, a light bulb will "blink" in Denver and Dish will announce a delay in the April 1st $200 rebate for a 622 promo. I can just about guaranfriggentee it because that's the way they are.

Certainly fits the pattern of events lately. Either that or we'll call on 4/1 (has anybody else realized this is April Fools Day yet ?!?) and we'll get install dates in July or later.

Interesting event this morning. I had previously scheduled my $299 upgrade to a 622 for 2/22.

I purchased a 211 this morning and called to activate it. The CSR (who was very nice, by the way) after a slight hold time said 'I'm sorry - we can't activate this receiver since you already have a work order in the system for 2/22.'

I took a very deep breath and asked if we could cancel that work order momentarily and activate this receiver then put the 2/22 work order back in. He agreed and set everything up. It didn't take long to do this so I'm not sure why he didn't offer this in the first place. Surely they know that when people call to activate receivers, they're excited about getting new programming or whatever and just saying 'no' without considering the options just doesn't make sense to me.

The new receiver is all setup and waiting for the authorization signal to come through so I wonder how long that might take. I was told it could take 15 minutes but I've already waited that long. Last time I upgraded to the Voom pack, it took about an hour for them to show up so I'm not going to call back for awhile.