Post your COMMENTS about the Upgrade Here

Live in the Bay Area, Cali and I was told that the earliest install was March 28. The also said that I had the $299/$1 hold, but now when I login to my account I see that I have a $49.99 credit card payment on my account. What's that about?

Weezknight said:
I'm guessing this is the place to ask this.

Are the people getting 2/21 and later install dates actually getting the Dish 1000 install? I'm wondering if anyone is just swapping out for the 622 and is getting one shipped to them sooner?

My 61.5 dish is already up here in NJ. ALL I need is a box swap and I am being told to wait until 2/22. I may have him do a cable run to add my aold 921 into my bedroom (yeah, I know... time to buy a sound machine to generate white noise to drown out the fan)

slusig said:
What is the best number to call? I called 1-800-333-DISH at 7:10 CST and I've been on hold for about 25 mins. When I first called the estimated wait time was "greater than 15 mins".

Not sure how long I will wait this out.

I called at 8am ET, went to "Add Programming", and was picked up in 10 seconds. The CSR was even an American (kinda sounded like Nell Carter), and was friendly and knowledgeable (other than 2 minor points that I corrected her on..... that I wanted the 622 which was the dual tuner PVR and not the single tuner diskless box she thought I wanted,... um no...... and that I had to trade in my 921, .... no thanks my 4900 will be fine to swap instead).

Otherwise, things went smoothly, the earliest date was 2/22 (not great, but not as bad as I was expecting), and she had me off the phone in 10-15 minutes..

Now let's see if they keep the date.....

I asked to drop one of my two owned receivers and add a ViP622 and a ViP211. The CS rep said he could only offer one receiver. He did not understand or respond to my questions about why. Has anybody else ordered 2 receivers under the current HD promotion?

According to the promotion posted by Scott, you are only allowed to upgrade 2 tuners or 1 STB. However, I believe you are able to purchase a 211 and add that to your account.

lakebum431 said:
According to the promotion posted by Scott, you are only allowed to upgrade 2 tuners or 1 STB. However, I believe you are able to purchase a 211 and add that to your account.

I have 2 811's and called this morning to upgrade and i was only able to upgrade 1- 811 for a 211 & if i wanted a 2nd 211 to replace my 2nd 811 i would have to buy it and the cost was $300

Just ordered the 211

I just got off the phone with a CSR that sounded like she was from India or a foreign country. I had a 510 DVR and will trade it in for the 211. It cost me 49.00 for the upgrade, which has already been charged to my debit card. I should receive it 7-10 business days. She didn't ask me at all about what my dish setup was. They didn't try to send out an installer either. I have the Superdish 121 and I have noticed that I will need a second dish pointed at 61.5 here in upstate ny to see the new hd channels in mpeg4. I hope that I will be able to see the HD channels on 110. If not it has a built in OTA tuner so I can at least see my local channels in HD if I can't get Dish HD channels.

RandallA said:
"He said that when hooking up the 2nd tv (SD) to the VIP622, it has to be with RCA cables. I find that strange. Does anyone know if it is true?"

Nah, the 622 has an RF modulated output or Home distribution output (Ch 21-69).
And I believe composite video out. Where did you get that avatar? I would like to see a bigger image of it.

Pleasant Upgrade

At 8:00 ET, I called 333-DISH and pressed my way to tech support. Spoke to techie immediately. I ordered my 211 and told I needed Dish 1000. I explained I had a dish pointing at 61.5. She said, "Perfect! You'll be ready to go." She explained I had two options: Option 1- $49.00 and send UPS (receive within 7-10 days) or Option 2 - installer will be be at the residence on 2/2 between 12p - 5p.

I was also told I would receive a $49.00 credit on my bill.

Dish called at 4p this afternoon to confirm my install and $49.00 credit.

I got the 211 about 3 weeks ago put up a second dish pointed at 129 (already have 1 @110/119 and one @61.5) and signed up for the hd pack and voom today, they switched it over while I was on the phone (called tech support).

Everything works well.. I did ask about the hdmi problem I have been hearing about and he said there was a known issue that is being worked on but a temp fix is to switch from 1080i to 480p or i and your picture will come back...
He also said that there is a problem with some lcd flat screens that start with an S, this issue is caused by a shielding problem that causes ir interference so that your remote quits working....

anyway......

Upgraded to Gold, receiving Silver Channels

I upgraded to gold today, now only getting silver channels. Been on hold for an hour

Upgrade to 622 and HD Gold

I upgraded this AM to a 622. 7 min wait. CSR knew exactly what I wanted. No hassle, everything was perfect. She worked in Pennsylvania.
Being on the paranoid side, I just checked my order this evening and not wait time, and it was perfect. She was very knowledgeable and worked in the New Jersey office.
A great experience both times.
As far as I am concerned, Charlie worked magic in pulling this off.
Dish Rocks!!!

upgrade to 622 & HD platinum

Called at 5:00am PST. Got CSR, 15 min wait, she looked up my info told me I was not eligible for upgrade because I got 811 deal last year. Tried to explain to her that the once a year upgrade was waived for this deal. She kept checking with some one but would not budge. I asked to speak with a supervisor. 4 min later got female supv. she said I was eligible for upgrade 622, $299.00 18 month commitment 90 day warranty. $240.00 penalty if I cancel before 18 moths prorated at about $14.00 a month. She tried to charge me $6.00 enable fee but I convinced her that because I was getting hd package fee didn't apply. Set install date for Feb 27th.

Bill B.

This is bizzare! I am totally shocked that this Company is as big as it is with this kind of customer service.! After reading these posts with all the incorrect statements by CS reps and inaccurate info., I am amazed but not at all surprised. Im still having a problem with the 18 mo. committment even though Ive been with them 8 long years.
Do I really want to committ to these morons for 18 more months? I have never been so confused as I am right now. Everybody has a different price or story. Shame on you Charlie...What a joke! Why didnt they send a letter out to the HD subscribers outlining everything instead of making them listen to rumour and false info? Most of all why arent the customer service reps all on the same page? Then again India is a long ways off.

I called prmptly at 6:03 AM ET and was on hold for 1 hour and 11 minutes. Everything went smoothly until the CSR tried to finalize the order--she informed me that there was a software issue and she couldn't complete the transaction. I asked her to finish it without me on the phone --said she couldn't. Then I asked her to call me back and she said she had no outgoing phone capabilities. (I bet if I didn't pay my bill for a couple of months she could find a way to call me)...
Called back at 7:45 PM and completed the 622 order in minutes with an install date of March 11th.

halsan40 said:
I upgraded this AM to a 622. 7 min wait. CSR knew exactly what I wanted. No hassle, everything was perfect. She worked in Pennsylvania.
Being on the paranoid side, I just checked my order this evening and not wait time, and it was perfect. She was very knowledgeable and worked in the New Jersey office.
A great experience both times.
As far as I am concerned, Charlie worked magic in pulling this off.
Dish Rocks!!!

How did you check the order?

I'm enjoying reading these experiences. I feel sorry for the CSRs, many located in foreign countries. With all of these new packages, new receivers, confusing satellite locations, and multiple trade-in deals, they don't have a chance to keep all of this straight.

This is CSR Roulette at its finest.

chicagofilms said:
My experience was great. I was expecting to shell out $250 but ended up saving $200.

I called, waited about 15 minutes on hold which I didn't mind since I was driving & Howard had Jenna Jamison testing out the....never mind. :devil:

When I finally got a rep, I told him I wanted to exchange my leased 811 for a 622. He said it would be $49 plus the $1 hold. He gave me an install date of this Sunday, Feb. 5 between 8-12pm. :D

Overall, I got much more than was expecting in both price and install time.:up

Sorry to tell you, but you are not getting the 622, you are getting a 211.
I got the same thing this morning, $49 price w/ this coming Sunday install date. I call in for a 622, the CSR was giving this price, which confuse me, I asked him severla time that if it was the 622, he affirm it every time, but as I was trying to confirm the purchase, I ask one more time, at that point he said "oh you want a 622...".

My experirence was not too plasent, after the above, I proceed to swith the order (same CSR) to a 622. I told him I was planning to swith one of my old receiver (upgrade), then he said that the only way to get the 622 was as an additional receiver. I could not upgrade (swap) an old receiver. I ask him to double check, but he insisted that this was the case, at tha point I ask for a Superviser. Then I got transfer to some (in the states). From that point everything went ok (as I expected) with the new CSR.

I think I spend a total of 1:30 on the phone this morning (between holds and the two CSR).

Vooms original 21 hd channels

I hope this info helps anyone who reads it. I have a brochure from Voom published january 2005 stating 1080i resolution and "system-ready for mpeg-4 before they went out of business. It contains hd cinema 10: ten hd movie channels then these equator hd/ monsters hd/ rave/ animania/ worldsport/ gallery hd/ ultra hd/ auction hd/ moov hd which their brochures describes as ambient nonnarrative video art hdnews & rush hd. They had 2 packages everything for $89.90 called va va voom package which had 39 total hd channels. They had what they called a pluspak for $19.90 one with hbo 2 in hd & starz 3 in hd & showtime 3 in hd & cinemax 2 in hd. One adultpak ie playboy. Then a hd marqueepak having universal hd/discovery hd/tnt hd. Then a sportspak containing espnhd/fox sports world/ fuel/golf channel/ tennis channel. The $49.90 voom package contained the first 21hd channels I mentioned with the hd marquee pak & sportspak as bonuses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts