Post your COMMENTS about the Upgrade Here

Weezknight said:
According to what the executive offices told me, you cannot do an "equipment" only upgrade. At the very least you'll have to sub to the new $30 HD Only pak, and you still will probably get the $6 enabling fee.

Basically they're trying to ration their MPEG-4 receivers by only sending them out to people who go with the new "metal" packages.

Ok, so if I subscribe to a metal HD package, is there any additonal charge for recording OTA HD? Does the $6/month fee only apply when not subscribing to a metal package?

My experience was great. I was expecting to shell out $250 but ended up saving $200.

I called, waited about 15 minutes on hold which I didn't mind since I was driving & Howard had Jenna Jamison testing out the....never mind. :devil:

When I finally got a rep, I told him I wanted to exchange my leased 811 for a 622. He said it would be $49 plus the $1 hold. He gave me an install date of this Sunday, Feb. 5 between 8-12pm. :D

Overall, I got much more than was expecting in both price and install time.:up

Just ordered a 211, returning a 301. Got sent to automated terms thing, hit "1" to say OK then that was it. I also need a new Dish 1000, which the CSR agreed to, but an installation was never scheduled, just that that the 211 would arrive in 7-10 days. What about the new dish install? Do I call them back?

chicagofilms said:
When I finally got a rep, I told him I wanted to exchange my leased 811 for a 622. He said it would be $49 plus the $1 hold. He gave me an install date of this Sunday, Feb. 5 between 8-12pm. :D

Wow, that sounds great if it's true! But I think the CSR may have quoted you the 211 based on the price and availibility. You might want to call and check on this before you get your hopes up.

If this is true, congrats...and I wish it was me instead! :eek:

So is the $200 rebate thing available to any upgrader (whether or not they have the 942)? I would be an idiot to upgrade to the 211 now (I currently have the 811) for $49 when I can get the 622 in April for $99 (after rebate).

I would think that this would make 942 owners VERY unhappy. Can anybody verify the rebate and whether or not it applies to all receivers (such as the 811)? The 622's aren't even going to be in homes until March, so why bother now?

chicagofilms said:
My experience was great. I was expecting to shell out $250 but ended up saving $200.

I called, waited about 15 minutes on hold which I didn't mind since I was driving & Howard had Jenna Jamison testing out the....never mind. :devil:

Overall, I got much more than was expecting in both price and install time.:up
How long have you worked for Dish Network?

whtevr77 said:
Just ordered a 211, returning a 301. Got sent to automated terms thing, hit "1" to say OK then that was it. I also need a new Dish 1000, which the CSR agreed to, but an installation was never scheduled, just that that the 211 would arrive in 7-10 days. What about the new dish install? Do I call them back?

Yes, call them back, I had a similar experience, and when I called back the CSR I talked to the second time set me up with a Dish 1000 install, this coming Sunday, and the tech that will install the dish will bring me the new receiver and set it up. I just have to return my 811 to them.

waltinvt said:
How long have you worked for Dish Network?

I can guarentee him that when sunday rolls around he will not be seeing a 622. (unless hes a beta tester)

This software issue is VERY REAL and is holding back the release of the receivers.

I just called about the 622 upgrade and the CSR told me the April 1st $200 rebate is for any current customer wanting to upgrade.

-NJS

natemanjs said:
I just called about the 622 upgrade and the CSR told me the April 1st $200 rebate is for any current customer wanting to upgrade.

-NJS

Don't believe it. Call back and I'll bet you get a different answer. ;)

NightRyder

TWO local retailers told me to hang on to my shorts until Mid to Late Feb to get the 622, as it won't be $299, but only $49 to upgrade.

As far as a 622, retailers laughed when I told them that TECH said retailers had pre-shipped well before 2/1 and that would be the best route to go to get early install of 622. (before 2/27)

I'll have to contain my :tux: excitement:tux: for awhile and see how the 211 stands up.

Lexi51 said:
Yes, call them back, I had a similar experience, and when I called back the CSR I talked to the second time set me up with a Dish 1000 install, this coming Sunday, and the tech that will install the dish will bring me the new receiver and set it up. I just have to return my 811 to them.

Well, I did call them back...twice. Hung up on the first and got disconnected when I asked to talk to a supervisor with the second. Neither of them (both were overseas or sounded as such) knew anything and insisted my current dish would work. Ended up calling tech support and got everything sorted out. Changed to install order from direct ship order (original CSR dropped the ball). It took about half an hour with tech support but they were very apologetic and helpful. Bottom line is install of new Dish 1000 and 211 tomorrow afternoon. Much fast than I thought. I guess I'm happy, but E* REALLY needs to fix their CSR problems. My advice is always call tech support and not bother with the usual CSRs.

One other thing. I didn't have to trade my 811...a 301 will do. At the end of the conversation she said "if I decided to send the 301 back" here's an RA number. I took that to mean the swap is not mandatory.....

NightRyder said:
Don't believe it. Call back and I'll bet you get a different answer. ;)

NightRyder

Seeing as how confused and slow their system was, I agree with your prediction. I'm just going to hold off and see what happens. I would have to wait till 2/27 if I ordered it anyways.

-NJS

i did it guys, i upgraded to a damn lease but thats another thread
upgraded to 622
executive offices told me i had to surrender 2 receivers or my 942 so i choose to give them old 1000 and old 4000 and pay 299.00 upgrade fee
scheduled for Feb 10 am
I was told if you have sd dns channels now, if they have an hd feed you automatically qualify well see

Service was great, yeah I know thats surprising

Hi guys,

I haven't read this forum yet, but I thought I would post my experience. I called Dish and spoke with a CSR at 7 am MST. I was inquiring as to how long the waiting list is for the 622. She said there is no waiting list and they have plenty in stock as they have been preparing for the launch. She then wanted to get me signed into a work order, but I told her I wanted to wait until April 1st.

I figured she didn't know the facts as the CSRs are the last to know any news. And I am sure E* has told them to sign up as many people as possible and not saying anything about their inventory.

Ordered VIP622 & 311 this morning from tech service around 8AM. Took over a hour on the phone. Installation date is 2-22-2006. Upgrade cost & installation was $299. 18 months commitment. Do not have to send any receiver back. 90 day warranty. Have to pay a leasing fee & extra connected receiver charge of $11.00 a month. They are only upgrading one receiver to two tvs at this time. Therfore the 311 was a purchase & not a upgrade. He said that when hooking up the 2nd tv (SD) to the VIP622, it has to be with RCA cables. I find that strange. Does anyone know if it is true?

Last edited:
"He said that when hooking up the 2nd tv (SD) to the VIP622, it has to be with RCA cables. I find that strange. Does anyone know if it is true?"

Nah, the 622 has an RF modulated output or Home distribution output (Ch 21-69).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts