Post your COMMENTS about the Upgrade Here

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Weezknight said:
I'm confused as to why everyone needs the Dish 1000? I just saw where they're even forcing the 1000 install on those who already have the 61.5 dishes. I'd really rather just swap things out on my own without having to miss work for the installer. Anyone using 2 dishes get out of needing the 1000?
i got out of it.
im not paying 100 bucks for someone to install more dishes on my crib.

Called last week in Jan to schedule upgrade (811 for 211). They informed me cause of my location I needed dish upgrade to 1000. So my $50 upgrade for the new mpeg4 receiver turned into a $110 upgrade. ($59 for the service fee to swap my dish out.) But by calling early I get all my new programming (VOOM+) activated by Feb 6th.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I have a funny feeling in my gut that when the 21st starts rolling around people are going to start getting calls to reschedule the installs.

That happened to me two years ago with an 811 upgrade. I was scheduled and rescheduled four times.

I usually wasn't notified until the night before the scheduled install that it was being rescheduled due to unavailability of the 811.

as explained in posts elsewhere I got my order in through executive offices.... I had a couple of observations this morning....

1. the guy there did say he was sending me a box for my old reciever...

2. i think there is something up with their scheduling system... I noticed alot of you guys got install dates towards the end of the month... when he looked in there yesterday, it gave me a date in late February... he said that does not sound right. He said to let him make some calls and he would get back with me... About an hour later he called and said that he spoke with the installers and they would do it this week... Seems like their computers may be spitting out delayed dates for some reason....

About sending in your old reciever- I was told it was MY OPTION to return my present reciever or not. Regardless of the type of reciever I was told the refund is 25.00. The CSR said a box would be mailed to me for the return and he did also give me an RA number. Also I was told the 299.00 cost covered install and equipment including the 622 and dsih 1000.

Jeff

I would say that the upgrade to Dish1000 is free with the new packages if you need them. I was told it would cost me for the 1000 because I already have a dish pointing to 61.5.

I was hoping to get the Dish Pro Plus (or whatever the new LNB's are) since I still have the old Legacy stuff.

jeffincolo said:
About sending in your old reciever- I was told it was MY OPTION to return my present reciever or not. Regardless of the type of reciever I was told the refund is 25.00. The CSR said a box would be mailed to me for the return and he did also give me an RA number. Also I was told the 299.00 cost covered install and equipment including the 622 and dsih 1000.

Jeff
The CSR told me if i did not return the old receiver that i would be charged for it.

Just got off the phone with a CSR, talking with him about swapping my 811 for a 622.

He told me that, if I wait until April 1, I can get a $200 rebate, (effectively making my upgrade cost me $100 instead of $300). I guess I'll wait, but this 811 sure does suck. (OTA tuner hangs and causes reboots.)

I called and got a Technical rep in 2 minutes. This was his 2nd call of the day. I told him I have a 211 reciever and I all ready get the new HD programming. At first he told by the system to get order a DISH 1000 upgrade. He said I could not get the NEW HD programming. When I said I had a 61.5 dish and saw the new programming since last night - he was very suprised. He had not been informed of any of the mirroring of the 61.5 and 129 HD programming. He told me I could not get a DISH 1000, a 121 dish for locals and have Skyangel 61.5 dish. He said I would have more that 4 orbital slots - which is a no-no in the system. He had to get a supervisor for info. He overrode the DISH 1000 upgrade to my superdish 121 and activated my programming - HD Gold pak. IT was a pleasant experience - a 15 minute call. My concern is that the training of the TECHNICAL reps on the mirroring of the 61.5 and 129 is not widely known. DISH needs to do training and issue internal communication standards - it would save alot of time.

BTW - I was told of a price increase for the 180 pack - on next bill......

Guys, what numbers are you calling. I've been calling the 333-DISH number and can't figure out what menu item to check.

I just picked upgrade programming and on a 15+ minute wait per the queing system.

jrfuda said:
Guys, what numbers are you calling. I've been calling the 333-DISH number and can't figure out what menu item to check.

I just picked upgrade programming and on a 15+ minute wait per the queing system.
thats what i did.
wait time was 15+ minutes, and also their computers are running very slow.
total time on the phone was about 30 mins.

Called at 8:15 the lady that I talked to first didn't know what she was talking about. So I hanged up and tried again. The second lady I got was kind and had all her information mostly correct. She said they'll send me a box for my old receiver the 522. I'll pay 299 for the 622 and will be charged a 6 dollar lease fee a month. Which is all correct. The install is scheduled for Feb. 21.

If you have some free time, try calling and going for the spanish language option. I dont know if the reps there speak both spanish and english, but it might be worth a try if you have to wait 15+ mins anyways :).

I would imagine the 90 day warranty referenced earlier in this thread was for the Dish 1000 install not the receiver. Just my guess.

Also, since we can order only one HD receiver for lease, can we purchase the other? Any problems owning our new gear as opposed to leasing?

Have there been any changes to the footprint map for Dish 1000? My tech support person this morning was swearing I would need it in addition to my 61.5, but I know the previous map said easter PA would not be able to use it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)