Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Ok folks...

Here is the place to discuss the upgrade details which are posted in the other thread.

I notice the first batch of them were people who called before 6am and they didn't seem to get anywhere. There was a reason why Dish asked me to tell you to wait until 6am to call in.

While their software upgrade was due to start at 3am they knew the time before the upgrade made it out to all call centers globally would be around 3 hours.

Looks like they were correct. (Once again our information was correct, while the other sites... not so good)

Also it appears there are no 10,000 units of 622's available today as reported elsewhere with everyone getting install dates at the end of the month. (And I would be interested in seeing how many of those end of the month installs will need to be rescheduled, but only time will tell there)

So far it looks like if you want a 622 you will need to wait at least 3 weeks.

If you do manage to get one soon please post your photos and a review of it. We would all love to see it. :)

I'm guessing this is the place to ask this.

Are the people getting 2/21 and later install dates actually getting the Dish 1000 install? I'm wondering if anyone is just swapping out for the 622 and is getting one shipped to them sooner?

My brother got install of 2/21 for 622 and it includes Dish 1000 install.

Two strange things for comment:

1. The CSR told him that if he'd like to wait till April, he would be eligible for a $200 rebate. I thought this was just for 921/942 folks...my brother only has a 522 and 311, and has never had HD before.

2. The CSR said that he would also get Charlotte HD locals as soon as the Dish 1000 was installed, but I don't believe Charlotte is one that's uplinked right now. Told my brother not to hold his breath on that one!

What is the best number to call? I called 1-800-333-DISH at 7:10 CST and I've been on hold for about 25 mins. When I first called the estimated wait time was "greater than 15 mins".

Not sure how long I will wait this out.

Called at 5:30am pst. Used options to get tech asst. Wait time less than 2 min. Very helpful advanced tech. Placed order with scheduled install 2/21 noon-5pm. 90 day warranty, 18 month commit. She said in this case the installer will bring the receiver with them. I asked why not ship it like with the 942 and she said this is just how they are doing the 622. Now that I've had a few minutes to reflect I'm getting a bad feeling that it might be a hedge so they can reschedule due to short supply. Time will tell.

I hope they're not charging credit cards until the unit ships or is delivered by the installer.

Only 90 day warranty? Don't all Dish Receivers come with a 1 year warranty or did that change with this receiver?

I have a funny feeling in my gut that when the 21st starts rolling around people are going to start getting calls to reschedule the installs.

What happened to the 10,000 that were supposed to be available TODAY?

Im on the phone right now with a CSR.
Currently have a 811 receiver.
She just informed me that i can upgrade my programming without upgrading equipment. Is this correct?

XL721 said:
Im on the phone right now with a CSR.
Currently have a 811 receiver.
She just informed me that i can upgrade my programming without upgrading equipment. Is this correct?

That would be neat Magic. No that is not true.

Scott Greczkowski said:
That would be neat Magic. No that is not true.
yea she just corrected herself.
now im starting to have less and less faith in the CSR's.

I'm confused as to why everyone needs the Dish 1000? I just saw where they're even forcing the 1000 install on those who already have the 61.5 dishes. I'd really rather just swap things out on my own without having to miss work for the installer. Anyone using 2 dishes get out of needing the 1000?

I've been told that my 211 that I got about 3 weeks ago can be replaced with the 622 "when available" with no upgrade to rooftop dishes. Have two. One pointed to 110/119 the other was at 148 and they told me to aim at 61.5..

No problems until this morning around 6AM. Turned on and said "Error Switch failed" or something like that. No signals on any of the 3. Re-boot, run check switch and all was fine again.

The INSTALL date is late Feb but the CSR told me I would recieve my 622 in 7-10 days via UPS. They left extra time for UPS shipping before the intall date as the CSR told me. That tells me perhaps it is true - there are 10,000 recievers ready to ship today.

Jeff

Just got off the phone.
getting the 211 in 7-10 days, 49 dollar fee.
CSR issued me an RA# for the return of the 811 receiver.
dam shoulda had the new receiver shipped 2nd day air or something.
BTW, CSR did not say that i needed to have a new dish installed.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Only 90 day warranty? Don't all Dish Receivers come with a 1 year warranty or did that change with this receiver?

I have a funny feeling in my gut that when the 21st starts rolling around people are going to start getting calls to reschedule the installs.

What happened to the 10,000 that were supposed to be available TODAY?

Come to think about it a 90 day warranty is meaningless as this is a lease, not a purchase. The tech did say this was her first call of the day.

I would have gladly held out till April 1 if the new programing were made available as mpeg2. But there's no guarantee that supplies will be better then. I wanted to start the clock rolling. But I'll be surprised if they make the 21st commit date.

The funny thing here is some people are reporting they need to retrun their old equipment to get this deal.

There is nothing in the rules about customers sending back old equipment.

Weezknight said:
Anyone using 2 dishes get out of needing the 1000?
yep, I use one for 61.5 and 1 for 110/119. The system appears to be setup to automatically do dish1000 upgrades for most. When I activated my 211 a couple weeks ago and added HD/Voom back to my account the system tried to schedule an D1000 install. Took 30 minutes to get someone that could override the install.