Post your TV/receiver setup!

cracka said:
Nbtstatic: Nice fit & finish! Details about your entertainment center?

It's made by Bush, just standard mdf or whatever they call it these days. It was only about 400 at Best Buy but I don't know if they carry them anymore. You can find them all over the net though, its pretty cheap, and for the price you cant beat it, I love mine.

For example http://www.bush-furniture-online.com/Entertainment+Centers.html

I have a 721 and 5 301's along with a new Dell laptop and a WinTv PVR-2. I have all the receivers in one room. I use the 721 and one 301. Another 301 is kept on channel 3 (a local channel) so when someone turns their receiver off it still has that channel showing. The fourth receiver is for the living room, a fifth one is for our new big kitchen, and the sixth one to another bedroom in the house.

I use the second 301 in my room for the Win-TV PVR (which has its own remote) and can watch tv on my laptop. It has a high resolution screen on it (the picture quality is better). I can also store all the shows on an external hard drive I am getting later this week and burn what I select to CD or DVD with the editing software that came with the Win-TV. I plan on hooking up security cameras up to the Win-TV as well. I just need to figure out if there is software/hardware that would allow me to have two things record to the external hard drive at the same time.

I also plan on sending a signal from the laptop to the front inputs on the 721 in which would allow me to set the 721 to channel 0 and view anything that is on the 301 run through the Win-TV PVR to my laptop back to the tv acting as if it is giving the 721 another tuner. I have a subwoofer and two other speakers connected to the laptop.

I have one Dish Network UHF cone in my room where all the receivers are at. This means that the other UHF remotes in the other rooms will be able to use that one cone to change the channels instead of having multiple cones. I also have a two room cone system in which allows the signal to still pass through if the UHF signal did not get through for one of the other rooms. This is sending the IR and UHF signal to the receiver. It is also good for an IR remote in case I run short on UHF remotes, and I might as well use the RCA cone system since I have it.

The 322/522 would really help a setup like this, except I would still need the cone system for the rooms that would use the IR tuner #1.

I plan on making a smart home in the future when I have some apartments fixed up in a building next to my house. The lights would be turned on by remote and/or by themselves by a motion sensor as you enter the room when it is dark in case you cannot find the light switch so you will not have to find it in the dark. It would also allow you control the whole house from your laptop.

I also want to get a flat screen HD tv and use that as a computer moniter and a television all one one screen. I have a wireless keyboard and wireless mouse. I could then have the signal fed through the other rooms and the room I want to browse the internet in I could do that with the wireless keyboard (if the RCA cones would work with this) and wireless mouse (if I can find something that would allow me to do this like an RCA cone does). I know that those other tv's would not have a very good resolution though to browse the web but I could access the external hard drive and all of the shows from any room, but you could only see one show at a time going that route.

out on the roof I've got 2 Dish500's (one for Dish & one for Expressvu), a Dish300 for 61.5, and 2 30" dishes with KU LNB's for Galaxy 3C (95) and Galaxy 10R (123). Have an antenna on a tripod bolted to the deck. The HOA president (the next door neighbor) just looks at my roof and shakes his head. :D

The Dish500 & Dish300 are tied together via 21 switch and runs to the 5000. The antenna runs to this too. Outputs to 2 VCR's. One of the VCR's has the antenna hooked up directly to it.

The Dish500 for Expressvu is tied together with a 21 running to a 3120 receiver. Outputs to 2 VCR's

The 2 30" dish's and the other output from the ExpressVu 91 runs to a DiSEqC 4 switch, which runs to a FTA receiver. Output to a VCR.

All of this is runnig to a 32" Sharp TV

The bedroom has just the antenna connection

The computer room has the antenna connection and the ExpressVu via ch3 modulator

Basement has an editing suite, consisting of a Panasonic 6300 Player and Panasonic NV-8500, a Panasonic 500 editing controller, a Panasonic 19" TV for the player and a 25" RCA console TV for the recorder.

Now all I have to do is get all the wires behind my entertainment center a little more organized :) :)

Wow..great systems eveyone. Here is mine:

Denon AVR-1601
Denon 2800 progressive scan DVD
Model 6000 satellite reciever
Mitubishi HS-U778 S-VHS ET (no DVR yet)

Cestion surround sound speakers
Yamaha 80 W subwoofer

and the crown jewel...a 55" Widescreen Mitsubishi HDTV

Two dish setup 110/119/148 connecting into a dp34 switch feeding 3 receivers, 811/508/301. 811 connects to a Sony KV32-HV600 HDTV via DVI and Sharp XV-Z9000U HD Projector via component. 508 also feeds into the KV32-HV600 via S-Video. The 301 feeds a 27" Panasonic SD TV.

Rest of my home theater:
Kenwood VR-6070 w/ 6.1 Speaker Setup
Denon DVD-1600 DVD Audio and Video Player
Sony SCD-CE775 Super Audio CD Player
Xbox / Playstation 2 / Gamecube

LR/ Hitachi 43" ws hdready
501 dvr
6000u
hughes direct rec.( currently not active)
replay 5040 hooked to 6000u
panasonic dmr30 dvd recorder
uniden c-band ird (rarely used and no programming active)
apex dvd player (plays mpegs)
Hafler pre-amp
2 Carver 200 watt amps bridged
2 jbl speakers (15 years old)
rca home theater receiver with speakers dts and 5.1 capable with powered sub
1 gig p3 with 2 dvd burners and a radeon hooked thru switchs to the tv, and networked with an athalon 2 gig and the replay

BR/rca 25" sd
phillips direct rec(not active)
GI c-band rarely used
2 rca early model direct receivers not used
camper/ samsung hd ready 27"flat screen
panasonic progressive scan and dvd ram player
apex dvd player(mpegs)
radio shack dolby2.0 reciever w/mutt speaker's
dish 500 dish, and a standalone 300 on a 2'x 12"
(I take either the 501, the 6000u or/and the replay when I go camping)
other camper/ apex 20" flat screen and whatever I 'rob' from the house or the first camper :)

Here is my setup.
65H81 HDTV, 811 receiver, TiVo with it's own 2800 receiver, Yamaha RX630 audio receiver with Polk speakers, Panasonic RP56 dvd player, Chapperal C Band receiver and a Teac turntable for Vinyl.

justalurker said:
Cyclone said:
Here is mine, all kept in one hole in the wall.
That's a nice picture in picture! I like the clock too. My wife's always asking what time it is.
JL

hehe, Thats actually a cheap Radio Shack Thermometer. I used it to check verify that the Plasma wasn't getting too hot above the Fireplace.

Sat system - Dish 500 2 single DPs , Dish 500 single DP, 2 DP34 switches

Here is a few shots on some of the setups here on the "compound".

First shot is off the Great Room, V Inc 46 Plasma, V Inc Bravo 1 DVD, Logittech Z680 5.1 Surround, and of course the 921 :)

Second shot is Den with 36" RCA Digital Monitor, Dish 522, Toshiba Laptop, Wireless Keyboard, and Logitech Z640 5.1 Surround

Last shot is my garage, 322 with 25" Samsung (TV1) and another 25" (TV2) is in office in ajoining building. Look for red "uhf anttenna flag" behind and above the TV (on the right)

Dave

[/img]

Cyclone said:
justalurker said:
Cyclone said:
Here is mine, all kept in one hole in the wall.
That's a nice picture in picture! I like the clock too. My wife's always asking what time it is.
JL

hehe, Thats actually a cheap Radio Shack Thermometer. I used it to check verify that the Plasma wasn't getting too hot above the Fireplace.
94.5 ? I guess that makes it a hot setup!

JL

In the rest of the house I have 721, 510 and 301 receivers. In my H/T room I have the following.

Sources and Video

Dish Network Satellite 6000 H/D receiver, soon to be 921
Stewart Ultimate 4Way 135-inch 16x9 Grayhawk screen
Panamorph anamorphic lens, Calibrated JVC G-15 Projector
Rock Pro scalar
Whisperflow hush box
3 Classe CAM350 350 watt monoblock amps for front left, right and center speakers
1 Classe CAV180 180 watt’s per channel 5-channel amp for sides, rear and rear center speakers
Theta Casablanca II with 8 Xtreme and 4 standard channels
Theta Data III
Panasonic RP-82 modified with SDI output
Speakers

Aerial 10t front left and right
Aerial CC5 for front center
Aerial SR3 for sides
Aerial Model 6 for rear surrounds
Aerial CC3 for rear center
Aerial SW12’s front left and right sub’s (paired with 10T’s)
Velodyne HGS12 for rear sub’s

Cables and Accessories

Cardas Neutral Reference interconnects and speaker cables
Cardas Golden Hexlink 5C for subwoofer interconnects
Pronto 2000 for system control
Lutron Grafick eye for lighting control
Xantech IR distribution system

Seating

4 Lane leather recliners in front row
2 Berkline leather reclining couches on rear platform

Earl

Toshiba TDP-MT8U - Da-Lite 119" Cinema Vision Screen - Dish 811/501. (I would have liked to list a DVR-921 but got tired of waiting AND judging from the posts in the 921 Support Forum, I think I will wait :) )

Lee

Ahhh...A fellow Porsche lover

Yep.

..I have two.

Me too, even more if you count unfinished race car projects ..too COOL !!

Funny, I was hoping Dish would name the 921 a 928 or 911 instead :)

Oh well, we better not got too off subject or Scott will slap us (Hi Scott:)

Dave

I would have liked to list a DVR-921 but got tired of waiting AND judging from the posts in the 921 Support Forum, I think I will wait

Always remember the support forum is like a doctors office, all they hear about is sick people.

If you are not using the 921 for OTA and instead using it for Satellite viewing and recording (people tend to forget it was designed as a satellite receiver/recorder) then you have no reason to wait. It works great and I have had no problems or reboots so far. It has recorded every program I asked it to without a single glitch and the picture cannot be beat. Wouldn't trade mine for anything else, or even 3 or 4 of anything else.

Dave

928gt said:
Always remember the support forum is like a doctors office, all they hear about is sick people.
Good point.

Time shifting OTA was only one of the things I wanted to do. Both of us work at night and most everything we watch is recorded on the 501. I'll have to go back and reread the support posts, sounded to me that they were having trouble with Dish HD recording too. I will have a 921 :)

My first 811 was DOA, the jury is still out on the #2. I have yet to see Dish HD. I'm still searching the forums before I start asking questions.

Thanks for the comments,
Lee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts