Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
We would like to here how it went when you tried ordering the VOOM Channels on Dish Network.

No discussion please (at least not yet) just tell us how your call went. Include as muich details as possible. :)

Called the WOW-HTDT number. Told them I was a Dish subscriber and that I wanted to get the new Voom channels. She informed me that I'd need a new dish pointed in a new direction. I said I was aware of that and how much would it cost to have them install it. She said $100. I asked her if that would cover all the expenses, she said let me check. She came back 3 minutes later and said that I could NOT get the new channels and that they would not install a new dish for me at this time.

That's my story. I will try again later.

No problems at all.

* saw voom channels show in red on 811 and 921
* Called Dish, got CSR within 3 mins - ordered "voom" channels, he understood, checked eligibility, told me it was $5 extra and activated, he said it would take 10/15 mins to take, hung up - time with CSR ~ 3 mins also
* channels showed up as available in about 5 mins
* 811 (software v 284) - had to reboot it, because when selecting a voom channel it constantly reverted back to the (closest) HD PPV channel with the "do you want to purchase this movie" screen - after reboot all is great
* 921 - took it automatically, all fine

Was as easy as it could be.

I wasn't too happy about having to add the second dish, or the cost for it.

I called, told them I wanted the Voom package, she knew exactly what it was, said it was $100.00 even to have the second unit installed and setup.

They told me I'd get the Voom pack free for 6 months and it was $5.00 a month after that, effective price if $70.00 for the dish and install.

Paid for it, and then they sent me to a Order Review person who put me on hold after 4 minutes I hung up, its insane that I have to wait on hold after I've already paid for something and had the install scheduled.

I did this in anticipation of them adding all of the Voom channels and REALLY hope they will offer Universal HD.

I would guess however that as of close of business tommorow there will be more people watching Voom on Dish than there were watching Voom by itself.

I asked them about it yesterday while waiting for the Dish installer to get here. He at first was unaware that the package was available for order. He had read about it, but it was listed in his ordering packages the day before. He told me I would need an additional dish pointing at 61.5(where my Voom dish is currently pointing uselessly) and installation and the extra dish would be $99 and an additional $5 per month for the channels. Not a bad price, but I'll wait till they get all the channels in place. I hate the initial offerings, save for Monsters and GuyTV. The others they offer are just fluff channels.

Phaetos

Hmm I might order it if its only 5 bucks and you can get them with the 811! But I still do not see them in red yet but Im sure hell not buying a seconddish. Heck will all will be paying out in the next 4-6 months to get our MPEG4 receivers. Funny thing is folks are going to to spend money on second Dish then when the MPEG4 receivers start going out. That will free up room and in long run you will only need one dish again which really thats all you will really need. :)

A few minutes waiting for a CSR. 60 second phone conversion. Red Voom channels became active while I was on the phone with the CSR. No problems with the 921 selecting the Voom channels. As mentioned above, initially had problems selecting them on the 811. Did a check switch, then the guide downloaded, and fine since then.

I ordered the Voom package this afternoon. I already have a dish pointed at 61.5, since I get CBS out of New York.

At first the CSR told me that it was only for new customers or prior Voom customers. I told her to check with her supervisor, since I knew that I qualified. A few minutes later, she got back on the line and set me up.

I did not need to re-set my 811. As soon as she authorized me, the red channels turned to white in the program guide, and I was able to view them.

Total of about 10 minutes on the phone.

Called this am, nice guy, spoke English! 1st he tried to tell me to call the 1-800-WOW-HDTV #. Told him I was an existing customer. He talked to a supervisor, found out he could activate it, but then said I needed a card swap in my 6000 & would be there in a week. I then asked if they could activate the package now for my 811. He ent to checked, said "Here, I think I've got it", and up came the channels, on both the 6000 & the 811.
Total time on the phone was about 10 minutes as well.

Called the 800-333-DISH number, selected HD tech support. CSR verified I had 61.5. Said it could tke 15 minutes. The channels showed up on my 811's right away but stayed red on the 921's until I rebooted them.

called at about 11am EST, CSR knew what i was talking about and it took about 2 minutes before my 921 had the channels. he did say the price was $5/month but then he said my new bill would be about $88/month which didn't make sense since the previous bill was about $75/month. guess i'll just have to wait until the bill comes in to see.

Pita

:mad:
Called to order - I'm not a Dish customer currently. Was told that we need a second dish for some of our locals. We told them we wanted it. When we told them we also wanted to get Voom they said it would cost $100 for the second dish. We told them it should be free due to locals. CSR and Supervisor said they are charging $100 even if you already have a second dish. Told them we have conversed with customers online who ordered today and were not charged $100 unless they needed a second dish. We were told that is not true. Off to a great customer service start already!

Things must be busy at Dish! Seemed to be getting cutoff the first two tries. Third try was a charm :). CSR asked how many dishes I had-told her two and she explained the five dollar fee a month- told her fine and she flipped the switch.. Channels turned from red in the quide on my 921 and was in business... Gerry

Here is another CSR roulette story. I pressed the add programming button on the phone. The CSR told me that it is only available to previous VOOM subs. I tried to get my message across to here about the news release so forth and so on. It was like talking to the wall.

Second phone call to Tech Support was a charm. Nice young lady "turned me on in two minutes". For 5 bucks a month it ain't a bad deal.

I keep getting told I'll need to call the 800-WOW-HDTV even though that's the number I called...the CSR said that they are really busy right now and that the 800-WOW-HDTV are being routed to them because of that...but they can't help.

This is how I remember Dish and was hoping I'd never have to go back to them.

Called the regular number: 800-333-dish. Was put on hold and then hung up on 3 times after asking to add the package. Finally the forth time was told that I would be charged a "$99 activation fee" to add Voom to my existing Dish packages. I told her I already had two dishes, one Dish 500 and one re-pointed to 61.5 - it was pointed at 148 until this morning when I repointed it. She said the package costs $5 extra a month but their computer said I was required to pay a $99 activation fee to add it. I asked to talk to a supervisor and after waiting 25 minutes, was hung up on. Total time wasted, over an hour. I may try again later this week.
How can they screw this up so badly for some?

My Wife called and they said they will be out on tuesday with a 2nd dish and they'll install it for free. They were initially going to charge $100 for it to be installed, but we mentioned that we had a message on the screen of one of the local channels that we don't currently get. the message said to call them to install a second dish for free. After we mentioned that they agreed to install for free.

We'll see come tuesday, I miss the VOOM HD programming. I had VOOM about a month ago, I saw the writing on the wall and in the VOOM forums over here. thanks for all the good info.

Los

Called the regular # (333-DISH) at 5am this morning, and asked for the VOOM HD channels. She put me on hold for about 2 minutes, she verified I already had a 61.5 dish, confirmed the extra $5 and before I hung up the phone with her, my 921 saw all 10 of them and have been enjoying them since.

Called 5 times this morning (roughly 9am CST), got disconnected 3 times, and spoke to 2 different CSR (one from the WOW-HDTV # and one from calling 333-DISH #). Both told me that they weren't able to take any orders for Voom channels yet, and for me to call back in a couple of weeks. I wasn't trying to hear that, so I tried again this afternoon (only took one call to WOW-HDTV to get through). Very nice lady told me about getting another Dish @ $100, which was fine. I did not like having to put it on a credit card though (would've preferred to have been billed for it, but I just wanted to get it over with). Everything went through within minutes. I was transferred to the Confirmation Office to confirm my order, sat for a couple of minutes, and the same CSR came back on the line. She told me that there was a long line of calls for the Confirmation office, so she confirmed me herself (which was very nice of her). My install for the 2nd Dish is set for Wednesday, and I can't wait to get MonstersHD again (was a Voom customer a few months ago, and only gave it up because of Voom's gloomy future at that time). Hopefully, all will go well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)