Post your VOOM Activation Stories here

Well on my third call, this time i called the 1800 WOWHDTV, i got a guy with a heavy accent and I made sure to tell him that I had the 61.5 dish already. I said,

ME: I would like to add the VOOM HD Channels that you have recently acquired and I ALREADY have the 61.5 dish installed.

I think that those of you who were getting what i was getting: the no VOOM to existing subs, should make it clear in your first sentence that you have the 61.5 dish already, and they will then activate it for you. Just my 2C

glenns1939 said:
Hi- I ordered the VOOM channels and since I have the 61.5 sat no problem says DISH. However the problem is I get an error message saying seeking signal. I tried soft reset/hard reset/ and check switch (all 3 satellites Ok plus and minus). Still no picture-told by tech to check signal on 61.5 transponders 1,3,5, and 7-absolutely no signal whatsoever-can't even punch in an ODD number-only recognizes EVEN transponders with signals 100-125. Have a tech visit Wednesday. Any ideas????
HEY glenns1939

I'm having the same problem! After spending an hour on the phone last night with "advanced" tech support, he was about to tell me I needed a new switch when all of the sudden, he said, "Oh wait, it looks like we may be having trouble with our transponders - the problem may be on our end." Then he added, "Just let it sit tonight and if you don't have the channels tomorrow call us back." What a company!

TimR><>

Update:
I called SBC and was told I cannot add the VOOM channels at this time.
No options no time frame nothing..................
"They may have a promotion at a later time".
Any Ideas anyone?

Yes, the programming guide info seems off on a few of the V-Pack channels. I'm sure they're working on setting things straight.

I ordered ON LINE using the code xz2-9wp which came from a dish email today. But before i ordered I did a Live Chat with a dish rep. From what he said there is a $ 100 charge for the second dish 61.5 even though its there with Voom, then a credit will be applied on first months bill for a $ 50 total charge.

I contacted E* on Sunday morning to setup an install for the 2nd dish pointed to 148 (L.A. locals). I was scheduled for 05-03. Installer showed up today to setup dish, I asked that he try to aim at the 61.5 sat. he stated that "there is nothing there and it is too low in the sky to hit". I kindly "requested" that he give it a shot anyway. He set it up in about an hour and I called E* CSR and asked for the VOOM package and in less than 5 minutes I am VOOMIN'.

Nice to see some more channels in HD :clap

The DISH installer just left. He took down the VoOM dish as it is not compatibale with the DISH signal. Different polarity scheme requiring a DISH LNB.

He put in a DISH 500 dual for 110 and 119 and a DISH 500 with only one LNB mounted for 61.5. We ran one new coax for 61.5 and used the two VoOM cables for the 110 / 119 dish. He took my old switch out and connected the 3 coax cables, from the two dishes, to a DISH DP34 switch. Installed two 811 HD receivers and an 510 SD-DVR (free upgrade) and everything is up and running. Yes, it did cost $100 for the second dish. At this point, a small price to pay to have my favorite VoOM channels back.

I had my MONSTERS-HD back on in 2 DAYS, 12 HOURS and 53 MINUTES after VoOM ceased operations. I actually think the picture looks BETTER than it did with VoOM and I was very happy with the VoOM signal.

It will take some time to evaluate everything and the OTA HD signals thru the 811, but so far so good!!!

VOOM LIVES! Thank you DISH. VoOMers will probably be refering to the VoOM programming on DISH as VoOM for a long time. And the newbies will be saying "what's voom?".

Maybe we should now call it VoOM 2!

The installer did say that he thought later this year 61.5 would go away and someone would be back out to install a "Super-DISH". So, HD will be moving west...how far and when remains in question, but it will happen.

On the VoOM forum poll, change my vote from 'Going to switch', to 'Switched to DISH'.

I am one happy camper!

dznylvr said:
Installer showed up today to setup dish, I asked that he try to aim at the 61.5 sat. he stated that "there is nothing there and it is too low in the sky to hit".
Good for you for standing your ground. Many installers don't realize what it takes to hit 61.5. When I first got my 6000 back in January 2001, people told me I was crazy to try and get it up here in the Pacific Northwest. Guess what? I get it just fine. I upgraded my dish to a 24" to combat rainfade and it's worked great so far.

I bought a used dish 500, a twin DP LNB and took a bit to aim it. Call dish, ordered the "Voom Originals" pack CSR took a sec as it is not in the system other than a manual entry. Took about a minute on hold, while on hold, channels started coming in. Easier than ordering a pizza. (minus setting up the dish) :)

I just got my 2nd dish installed today. I called Dishnetwork on Sunday to set up the install. I asked the CSR several times if all the switches, dish, etc. were included with the $99.95 price and she kept on saying yes.

Today the guy came and installed a dish 500 with a DP-44 switch and didn't charge me a thing other than the $99.95 I had put on my credit card on Sunday when I called for the appointment. Before he started working he called his boss to verify with Dishnetwork that I didn't have to pay anymore.

So now I have the Voom channels and it cost me a reasonable $99.95 (given that I got the switch) I hope I don't get billed more down the road... but it seemed to go rather smoothly...

well my installer came today, i can't get a LOS of 61.5-i needed a 13 degree angle, he mounted it and tried...no go...please please mirror to 148 soon!!!!!!

My story.

Called the WOW number. Told them I was a voom cusomer switching over and wanted the voom channels. She said I had to buy dish. I told her no, I have dish. She put me on hold then came back and added channels. I hooked a 300 dish with dishpro to 500 direct through lbnf in port on 500 and found sattelite, works perfect.

The first call I was on hold for 10 minutes and the lady told me there were all on then 5 minutes later i was on the phone for anthoer 26 minutes and actually made sure they were there this time. But all in all I think it was worth it :)

mmdieter said:
well my installer came today, i can't get a LOS of 61.5-i needed a 13 degree angle, he mounted it and tried...no go...please please mirror to 148 soon!!!!!!
Bend is in some pretty flat area. Installer should have verified LOS before any dish mounting or "trying" to get the sat. Are you in a deep valley or have a very close by structure? If not get a level and protractor and find a spot on the property that clears 13 deg and start vooming (my own LOS is 15.8 deg, and I clear my close by neighbors single-story house from an eye-level mounted 61.5 dish).

Rob.

Piece of cake

I added Zoom yesterday and had no problems at all with CSR. The CSR person spoke rather good english and was very pleasant. She asked if I had the 2nd dish pointed at 61.5 and that my bill would increase by $5/month. She said it would take about ten mins but I was watching the channels already when she said it. Very fast! The 811 was instant and I just had to re-boot my 2 6000's. PQ is great. Total time less than 20 min. I guess we need to give Charley some credit on this one. Hope it's just the beginning. Now lets get Fox, NBC, ABC and PBS in HD and I will be a very happy customer.

I could not help noticing, correct me if I am wrong, You cannot receive VOOM programming without paying a fee for installation of a 61.5 dish. You may say I need espanol, they still charge. Where we need to ping is this equipment installation fee. THEY want us to think that we need them. I paid $50 only because I could not find a way to do it for 0. 50$ because of coupon. So we need a new thread of how to get 2 dishes free.

Called last Friday to get an appointment to get my second dish for must carry locals. Installer came out Monday and was going to add 2 21 switches.. I told him no way, get the right DP34 switch. Came out this morning and installed the 61.5 dish and correct switch. I installed another DP34 at the same time to allow for future additions.

As the installer was getting ready to leave I ran the guide up to 9470 and said "There they are". Had to explain to him that was the new Voom channels...

Called in on the 333 number and requested the Voom channels. They asked if I had a dish on 61.5, explained it would be $5.00 more and read off my new monthly charge. Hung up - checked 2 minutes later and they were on. :yes

Me too!

Called in on the 333 number and requested the Voom channels. They asked if I had a dish on 61.5, explained it would be $5.00 more and read off my new monthly charge.
I replied "Thank you," and they were activated before I was able to put the handset down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts