Postcard from Dish Retention

Skyhi

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
NE Ohio
I got a postcard from E* offering a free HD-DVR upgrade, $10 off a month for 12 months, free HBO and Showtime for 3 months, & free Platinum HD for three months (even though it's becoming "free" anyways). In exchange, I have to do another 24 month contract.

I really have no intention of switching providers, so I may take them up on the offer....I'm just wondering if anyone else received the same mailing?

It is a really good deal if you do not plan on switching providers anytime soon. Maybe Dish Network finally realized that they better give a good offer now before someone else does to retain the customers they already have along with realizing it is cheaper to do that than to acquire new ones to replace them. They should have done things like this years ago. I took them up on this offer. It is bad though when you start having some issues with them and they know your stuck in a contract.

I'm already getting HBO and Showtime free for 3 months....I wonder if I'll get another 3 for free if if I make the 24 month committment,

i got it too, still have about a year left in my contract. Debating on taking them up on it (since i am already apaying for those channels). The only downside is that I only have one hdtv and already have an HD box for it. Would it be beneficial to take the HD box upgrade and move the EA or just wait until the 922 comes out... decisions decisions...

That's the one I got. I was thinking of taking them up on the offer. But I wonder what receiver I would get, the 622 or 722 (k or otherwise)? If it is the 622, could I pay $50 or whatever to upgrade it?

Also, I wonder if I could switch packages before starting this deal...

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Well I just got off a lengthy chat with Dish. First, you need to speak to the loyalty department in order to get this deal; I think the promo code keys this, because as soon as I mentioned it, the regular chat CSR switched me to the loyalty department.

Second, the free HD DVR is for the 622 only. They would not budge on this. I hammered my point home about older tech this, and overheating that, but the lady would not have any of it. I was willing to pay $50 to make up the difference between the 622 and 722k, but still no dice. Maybe they want to clear inventory?...

Finally, you can change your package before you take up the offer, in case you were like me and are looking to ease your transition out of the increasingly sparse Turbo packs. Of course, all of these goodies involve a fresh 2 year commitment.

Well I just got off a lengthy chat with Dish. First, you need to speak to the loyalty department in order to get this deal; I think the promo code keys this, because as soon as I mentioned it, the regular chat CSR switched me to the loyalty department.

Second, the free HD DVR is for the 622 only. They would not budge on this. I hammered my point home about older tech this, and overheating that, but the lady would not have any of it. I was willing to pay $50 to make up the difference between the 622 and 722k, but still no dice. Maybe they want to clear inventory?...

Finally, you can change your package before you take up the offer, in case you were like me and are looking to ease your transition out of the increasingly sparse Turbo packs. Of course, all of these goodies involve a fresh 2 year commitment.

Most of the technicians in my office supply a 722 (not k) for all 622 work orders.

the reason, we don't want a trouble call for a POS 622.... anyway... just thought you should know...

i got this offer and responded about 2 months ago. the person on the phone didn't know which DVR i would get. turned out to be the 622, but the one i received was broken (wouldn't power on. no fan noise. no front lights at all when plugged in). the tech that came to replace it brought a new 722k :D :up

Most of the technicians in my office supply a 722 (not k) for all 622 work orders.

the reason, we don't want a trouble call for a POS 622.... anyway... just thought you should know...
I have heard that some retailers just plain don't have any 622's. Perhaps I should just call some local retailers here in Dallas and ask if they have these in stock, or install them anymore. Then no matter what the workorder says, I would probably just get what they have. Thanks for the tip, and the glimmer of hope!

i got this offer and responded about 2 months ago. the person on the phone didn't know which DVR i would get. turned out to be the 622, but the one i received was broken (wouldn't power on. no fan noise. no front lights at all when plugged in). the tech that came to replace it brought a new 722k :D :up
I hope I get so lucky!

ok, I got one of these things a few weeks ago (free hbo and show for 3 months and 10 bucks off/mo for 12 months). Today I got another one with the same thing but it now includes free HD channels for 3 months and a $15 credit. I took them up on the first offer, any chance if I call back that they will give me the additional promotions.

Thoughts?

Who knows. You could probably call three different times and get three different answers. It is also equally likely that they will turn you down altogether. But I would give it a shot, and be sure to mention the promo code on the flyer. It can't hurt!

I did an online chat last night to jump on this deal. I needed to give my CC #, so I had to call the retention department to do that. For the "inconvenience" of having to make a phone call, the CSR gave me free Starz & Cinemax (even though I already have it for a penny) for 3 months as well....i didn't complain or have to ask....he just automatically added them.

I didn't bother asking if I'd be getting a 722. I'll see on Monday when they come and install it for me (I wish they could just mail it out).

The online chat would not upgrade my 622 to a 722K so the next day I called the number on the card and Tuesday I got a brand spankin' new 722K, and $10 off my bill for 12 months - all I had to pay was the $29.99 for the dual tuner module on the 722k - I'll take that!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts