Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigOleB

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2005
SC
Does anyone know if there is a way to "inject" 18v power onto coax by not using reciever supplied voltage?

Do a google search for power inserter lnb.

When using a power inserter, you also normally have to use a DC block to avoid damage to the receiver. I am not sure but the DC block might also block the Diseqc commands coming from the receiver.

Chuck

questic said:
Does anyone know if there is a way to "inject" 18v power onto coax by not using reciever supplied voltage?

Hey Questic

What I did was disassemble my HH motor (SG2100) and added two wires to power the motor inside the positioner. The receiver still powers the positioner logic/control circuits but the big power demand is on the exteral power supply when the motor relay's are engaged.

It has been working perfect for me. Much faster movement. I believe that there is a voltage drop on the positioner's circuit board normally, because when the same 13/18 volts comes from outside the positioner it moves faster. Plus I just move between satellites with 18 volts all the time now.

My new SkyStar card was never meant to power a motor and so Techinsat's software does not support a positioner. But with the power coming from an external power supply and with Saar's (MyTheatre) enhanced driver supporting Diseqc 1.2 .........

I am set

Oh, Also the SkyStar version 2.3 does Blind Scan.

Oh, Am I set.

jerryt said:
Hey Questic

What I did was disassemble my HH motor (SG2100) and added two wires to power the motor inside the positioner. The receiver still powers the positioner logic/control circuits but the big power demand is on the exteral power supply when the motor relay's are engaged.

It has been working perfect for me. Much faster movement. I believe that there is a voltage drop on the positioner's circuit board normally, because when the same 13/18 volts comes from outside the positioner it moves faster. Plus I just move between satellites with 18 volts all the time now.

My new SkyStar card was never meant to power a motor and so Techinsat's software does not support a positioner. But with the power coming from an external power supply and with Saar's (MyTheatre) enhanced driver supporting Diseqc 1.2 .........

I am set

Oh, Also the SkyStar version 2.3 does Blind Scan.

Oh, Am I set.

Interesting, I have an old 2100 laying around I could try that with. Thanks for the help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts