Power inserter hook-up question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

labrat321

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
I have a HR-34 and three H25 receivers. These come off of a 8 way splitter in the basement. The power inserter is currently behind the tv hooked up to the HR34. Can I move the power inserter to the basement and just attach it to one of the open lugs on the splitter?

Yes. BUT, it must be hooked to Port 1 on the splitter. So take the cable off Port 1, move it to an open port. Then use a short jumper to connect Port 1 to the "Power to SWM" port on the power injector, and use the port cap that you removed from the open port to cap the "Signal to IRD" port on the power injector.

Another way to do it is to take the cable off the INPUT port of the splitter, and connect it to the "Power to SWM" port, then use the short jumper to connect "Signal to IRD" to the splitter input.

Either will work just fine. Option 2 just doesn't take up a port on the splitter. Use option 1 to avoid using an extension cord..

(I know, my wiring closet is a bit messy right now)

img20130119035846.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. BUT, it must be hooked to Port 1 on the splitter. So take the cable off Port 1, move it to an open port. Then use a short jumper to connect Port 1 to the "Power to SWM" port on the power injector, and use the port cap that you removed from the open port to cap the "Signal to IRD" port on the power injector.

Another way to do it is to take the cable off the INPUT port of the splitter, and connect it to the "Power to SWM" port, then use the short jumper to connect "Signal to IRD" to the splitter input.

Either will work just fine. Option 2 just doesn't take up a port on the splitter. Use option 1 to avoid using an extension cord..

(I know, my wiring closet is a bit messy right now)

Thanks! Went with option 1 and back up and running.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts