power scan/blind search

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dxuall1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
mission,tx
Is it a good idea to do a blind scan/power search every day or how often do you guys do it? On a mercury II what are the best settings to do a power search? I mean normal/quick/detail search etc. what satellites are really in line-of-sight. from the continental u.s. specially mission,tx zip 78572 I can receive 58.0w to 126.0w is more than that i can get?

Depends on the day. Mainly weekends I will blind scan a frw times daily for the feeds. During the week I'm usually working on other stuff so maybe one scan on 72,74,79,85,89,91

I'll go along with Iceberg, except maybe throw in a scan of 99 and 105 also, never know what you might find. But mostly, yes, just blind scan if I'm looking for something particular like a hockey game or some big news story.
Other than those, I just watch the NYN racing or whatever's on AMC6 or G10 channels. Ordinary news channels I get on the big nasty dish.
(mines nasty because a tree close-by has dripped sap all over it)

When I blindscan the Merc, I'm looking for 4:2:2 and HD feeds , generally. Since they have relatively high symbol rates, Normal or Quick scan might catch them. I save "detail" scan for when I'm looking for newsfeeds , which typically are not high SR feeds.

I'm with Iceberg and Turbosat. If there is a hockey game on that I want to see I'll scan a few sats a few times durning the night to see if I can pick it up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)