Fortec Ultra issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

schlever

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Regina, SK
I was looking at some "deals" on ebay, I noticed a Fortec Lifetime Ultra that displays a screen shot. It's clearly shows a non-factory background on the menu with lightning as a picture.

I managed to pick one of those up for $16 on ebay just before X'mas. It works for FTA and the blindscan works great, but its not letting me download my channel lists to edit them.

Any idea on how to restore this box to factory settings as the fortec loader is not communicating with the box.

I managed to pick one of those up for $16 on ebay just before X'mas. It works for FTA and the blindscan works great, but its not letting me download my channel lists to edit them.

Any idea on how to restore this box to factory settings as the fortec loader is not communicating with the box.
First, make sure you're using the correct cable. There's two different styles and different receivers use different types.

Next, if the cable is the right cable, try to figure out what firmware is on your box. My pansat clone was supposed to be a clone of a 2500a, but it was so hacked that I had to treat it like a pansat 2700 to get the channel list downloaded. Once you know what you have on it, you can probably find instructions on how to undo what was done to it - it may take a few steps more than just using the standard loader since they seem to muck up the actual firmware so much that it doesn't even behave like a 'real' box anymore!

First, make sure you're using the correct cable. There's two different styles and different receivers use different types.

Next, if the cable is the right cable, try to figure out what firmware is on your box. My pansat clone was supposed to be a clone of a 2500a, but it was so hacked that I had to treat it like a pansat 2700 to get the channel list downloaded. Once you know what you have on it, you can probably find instructions on how to undo what was done to it - it may take a few steps more than just using the standard loader since they seem to muck up the actual firmware so much that it doesn't even behave like a 'real' box anymore!

Yeah I think this one is going to be trial and error. I emailed the guy who I bought it from to see what he had loaded onto it, seeing as the date on the firmware was a few days before I won the auction. Surprisingly he said he didn't know anything about it and picked up a bunch of Ultras at a garage sale and was just selling them on Ebay ..... somehow I don't quite believe him ;)

Edit: I tried the Pansat 2700a loader and it works.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)