This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

AZBOX Power supply alternative for Premium Plus AZBox

gdavisloop

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
Hello, as of today I am the proud owner of FIVE blown AZBox power supplies.
Yes, the fuse is blown in the newest one, but it smells "burnt" so I doubt replacing the fuse would solve the problem (it never has before, for me).

I notice on Amazon you can buy a 12V 5A supply and a separate 24V 1A supply for under $35 combined. Has anyone tried this approach to powering an AZBox? These supplies look pretty cheap (especially the 24V one), but they could hardly be worse than the AZBox supply... of course, there still could be issues with regulation, ripple, true current capacity, etc.

Also, I notice the AZBox power cord contains red, black, and white wires. Based on the thickness of the wires, I'm guessing red is +12, white is +24, and black is ground... is this correct?

thanks!
--Gary

Maybe it's time to consider an ASC1????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

OR you could use a stock working AZBox slaved to an eBay 36 volt power supply. That would take the load off the AZBox. You'd have to connect a pair of DPST 36 vdc relays to the AZBox motor control output terminals and use steering diodes to activate the correct relay for E/W movement.

My AZBox does NOT move a dish. I wasn't aware that it even could move a BUD. I'm just using it for 4:2:2 video.

Hi Gary When you replaced the fuse did you check the bridge rectifier? See attached repair instructions. Disclaimer: No user replaceable parts inside. Refer to qualified personnel.

Attachments

• OpenSAT-Repair power supply.pdf
    322.4 KB · Views: 429
?????

Cosmo. I think he is confused on something.