Power Supply for Azbox Premium

N2bnfunn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 24, 2010
My House
I have had my Azbox Premium box for a week now and today the power supply just
died.. Unreal anyone know where I might can find one at.. Please let me know...

The one that is on the outside of the unit.....

Are you sure it is the external power supply, loose connection on the multicable (whites and black) plugs in the AZbox itself is quite common. Pop the top off and reseat them.

Attachments

• AZbox power fault.jpg
    AZbox power fault.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 663
Yeah it is the outside power supply I put a meter the power supply is getting 120 in but coming out I am not getting 12 volts or 24 volts out, and it blew while I was using it I heard it when it blew..

Plus the green light on the outside of the power supply is not on. It is the power supply

IMG_0222.JPG

Last edited:
I use these guys for AZbox parts. They do not list the ext power supply but I suggest you Email them if you can't find a US stockist, they are usually very good and speak reasonable English.

azbox spares - hm-sat-shop.de

Incidently the main board in your box is some upgrade on the ones I have seen. I've not had a Ext power supply apart so I don't know how serviceable they are.

Update on my Power supply

Update I finally got my New Power Supply for my Azbox Premium Plus and it works fine now.

For anyone that has a Premium or a Plus box the power supply the "old version" has a green led light on it that is the one I had that blew, if it ever goes bad just contact Azbox they will send you another one free of charge.
The new version of the power is smaller and does not have any L E D lights on it..

And yes it was the freakin power like I thought that had went bad...

geez

Dude;

It's normal when you're new at this forum for folks to underestimate your skill level.

We have folks here who have trouble locating the O N / O F F control.

We have folks here who can design recievers.

And everyone in between.

After you have a few posts in, people will know where your skill level is.

BTW......

WELCOME!:):)

I have had my Azbox Premium box for a week now and today the power supply just
died.. Unreal anyone know where I might can find one at.. Please let me know...

The one that is on the outside of the unit.....

Astrodyne has dual external supplies. So does Digikey. Look at the UL Label for the specs. Make sure the DC connector's match.

External Power Supplies - Astrodyne

Also, Google the manufacturer's P/N from the label.

just a friendly fyi i found out about the power supply issue after doing some research. apparently lots of these PS's quit. this other site also has some details on their homepage and in their forums.
rickssatellitehome

maybe its just my imagination but it sure looked like some serious smoke residue on the inside of the lid of your unit. also a couple of white wires looked really blackened and crispy. i hope its just the picture is not clear. if the wires or circuit boards do look damaged i would suggest asking for a warranty replacement of the entire box also. you never know what other damage has been done and show up a year from now after the warranty has expired.

Kevin

I just my fourth power supply from Rick's. This is the new style and so far has lasted quite well. Rick has been awesome on replacing them. Seems to be very customer friendly :)

As the seller I bought my Azbox Premium HD Plus in Brazil didn’t send me a replacement power supply (he wants to sell a new one for me) and Opensat is delaying in doing this, I have to buy a power supply (without led) in eBay. It was very expensive (US$60.00), but it was the unique solution for me. In the next time I will buy with Rick, if he ships to Brazil. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts