Power Vu, DCII: what is these?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
It does not have to be a cable headend only. As per this link from NHK NHK World Premium - Direct Reception it states on the Service Agreement that :

Article 2 (Contractees)

The service is for use by companies and places of business only.

So if you own a business you can contract the NHK Premium that uses PowerVu directly with them or more exactly via G Media. As stated you also need a powervu receiver that they will activate.

With PowerVu, you really don't need an authorization center. The broadcaster just authorizes your IRD. It's the same with commercial DCII, they'll authorize your IRD without going through an authorization center. I've gone to many broadcasters for information on commercial subscriptions, and without even as much as a company name, they don't return your phone calls. The only one that ever gave me the time of day was the Weather Channel.

And HITS provides remultiplexed DCII channels on a few satellites so that smaller headends can get a full channel lineup without a large dish farm. A lot of the system configurations include a DCII commercial receiver for each transponder, and the whole multiplex is QAM modulated and sent to the subscribers. The DCII commercial receiver does no decryption, the streams are sent QAM modulated to the subscribers with their original encryption, and authorization is done through the HITS uplink. The subscribers have cable boxes that can decrypt these DCII streams.

I'm not sure if Sci Atl has STBs that can decrypt PowerVu in a similar manner to the above HITS configuration. They have PowerKey for STBs, but they don't decrypt PowerVu. PowerVu feeds are remultiplexed.

So, I was talking to someone, and they stated I should not have to get a 4dtv reciever. If I just use my coolsat 5000, will I not enjoy all of what is up there?

> So, I was talking to someone, and they stated I should not have to get a 4dtv reciever. If I just use my coolsat 5000, will I not enjoy all of what is up there?

If you want "Main Stream" programming, like HBO, Cartoon Network, CNN, FX, Fox News, you get the idea, your Coolsat 500 will NOT work.

The reason is because those signals are transmitted with encryption, and not the half assed encryption some providers use, commercial grade encryption.

If you want to watch the programming previously mentioned you can get a 4DTV receiver and buy some channels in ala cart (By itself) or in smaller packages.

If you want true FTA check out the topic labed "The List!" on the upper left hand side of your screen.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)