PPV Ads Now on My Guide?

icmroadkill

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Bakersfield, California
I turned on my 722K DVR this morning to set some NBA playoff games to record and was surprised to find a large chunk of the bottom of the program guide is now rotating ads for PPV movies. Anyone else experiencing this?

Oh thank god you can disable the ads. Haven't received that update yet, but was not excited when Scott posted about them in the Pub area.

I haven't seen any ads in my guide and I have the latest L 661 with volume leveling etc, on my 722k. I wonder if it matter that I have pay per view channels locked out and hidden from my guide?

Thanks people!!
Those ads were driving me nuts. Strange thing though is they were only on TV2. I checked option 6-1-6, disabled it on TV1 (no change 'cause they weren't showing up there anyway). Then had to do the same on TV2 to get rid of them there.

Don't know about a 612, but my brother-in-law has a 622, and it showed up on it. I have a 722 and a 222, haven't seen it on either one, but glad to know it can be turned off if it does show up!

Guide - how to turn off ads

How do you turn off that new adverstisment at the bottom for shows etc. every time you hit guide and it comes up, there is a ad at the bottom and you have to hit guide again to turn it off.

can you disable that permanently?

no worries.
Unlike other boards we dont attack new folks with "use a search" or close their thread because there might be a dupe. We just merge them and make a note :)

what the heck is that on the bottom of the Guide ??

When I tuned into the news this morning.. here was a large spot of the bottom of the guide filled with a AD for pay per view MOVIE... ..

Ok now that would have not bothered me if we hadn't just had a LARGE increase in our rates.. but the increase and now taking up a portion of the page I PAY FOR makes me mad.... :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts