PPV CERTIFICATE MAXIMUM LIMIT ---- DIRT Team ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

panache70

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
Western Hemisphere
Often, after speaking to customer service online I have been offered 1 (sometimes 3) PPV Certificates.

However, I always run into roadblocks with this because I apparently have received 15 PPV certificates since starting my account in early 2010.

After digging a bit more, I was told that the PPV certificates that were promised (must be up to 8 or 10 offers that never went through) could not be processed because customers are limited to 15 PPV certificates per account.

I find it hard to understand how customers are limited to 15 when there are so many PPV certificate offers out there (anniverary promo of 6 PPV, paperless billing free PPV offer, automatic credit card payment online free PPV offer, referral free PPV offer not to mention customer service offerring free PPV as courtesy credits for technical and / or billing problems).

Perhaps the DIRT team can weigh in on this:

1- If CSRs offer free PPVs, can't they see how many certifcates have already been given to a customer?
2- Can anyone (supervisor) override the 15 limit?
3- Is there really a 15 limit, and if so: are you blocked for life after hitting 15, or does the account re-set to zero after a certain amount of time?
4- If customers are offered PPV certificates and cannot obtain them because of the 15 limit, is there a way to obtain the equivalent as a cash credit on the account to offset the cost of the PPV that will be ordered?
5- I was told that the 15 limit includes certificates that expired and were never used. That doesn't seem right ... Can those be removed from the account to make room for new ones?

Thanks to the DIRT team in advance for your responses.
Very curious to understand how all this works, as there seems to be a lot of confusion with the online customer service when asked about this.

Perhaps the DIRT team can weigh in on this:

1- If CSRs offer free PPVs, can't they see how many certifcates have already been given to a customer?

If the CSR opens a window to view PPV coupons issued, they can see but they normally just click the issue PPV coupons on the window.

2- Can anyone (supervisor) override the 15 limit?

No, the limit on the account prevents the issue of additional coupons, no overrides exist. Had customers not issued the 6 anniversary coupons due to limits on the account.

3- Is there really a 15 limit, and if so: are you blocked for life after hitting 15, or does the account re-set to zero after a certain amount of time?

I believe they roll off but have no exact information as to when it or if it does occurs.

4- If customers are offered PPV certificates and cannot obtain them because of the 15 limit, is there a way to obtain the equivalent as a cash credit on the account to offset the cost of the PPV that will be ordered?

The coupons are a promotion that is offered but can only be offered in the form of the certificates. No credits can be issued.

5- I was told that the 15 limit includes certificates that expired and were never used. That doesn't seem right ... Can those be removed from the account to make room for new ones?

All certificates show on the account even expired ones. All mine have expired but still show in the system.

Thanks to the DIRT team in advance for your responses.
Very curious to understand how all this works, as there seems to be a lot of confusion with the online customer service when asked about this.

If you would like me to review your account and check that you have indeed reached the limit on the PPV certificates, please PM me your account information and I can take a look at it for you! Thank you!

Thanks Mary.

Who can answer as to when and if they roll off the account?

The "expired and unused" certificates should not count towards the limit in my opinion.

You did not answer if 15 is indeed the limit.

Does the limit depend on what type of account you have? Monthly spend? Account status? Amount of time as a customer? etc., or is it 15 for everyone?

I have been told many times that I have hit the limit, but nobody could really say when or if I would ever be elligible for another PPV certiicate.

With so many PPV certificates being offered for different reasons, perhaps CSRs should be given a 2nd alternative when they see the customer has hit the limit? i.e. discount on account to offset PPV or as kikenovic says... a free preview of A LA CARTE channel...

Thanks Again!

I can tell you that I have PPV Coupon 1020 in less than a year, but they will not issue any more. I lost about 6 of them. They were handing them out like candy anytime I'd chat about anything, why would one turn down a free movie.

I can tell you that I have PPV Coupon 1020 in less than a year, but they will not issue any more. I lost about 6 of them. They were handing them out like candy anytime I'd chat about anything, why would one turn down a free movie.

Guess we lost Mary B. Hopefully someone on the DIRT team will be able to tell us when Dish actually allows the used and expired certificates to drop off the account.

Hoping they will also be able to tell us if there are different limits depending on type of account, account monthly spend etc.

Again, I really don't think expired certs should count towards the limit.

Answers to these questions would definitely help folks like myself, rodin and many others that have their account locked for PPV certs.

Thanks

You have no lost me!! lol The answers you are wanting I do not have. The program does not have official rules and procedures. I will assist with indiviudual account if I am able. I sent you a PM, panache70. I wish I could be of more help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)