PPV Event ordered by automated phone

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
If I order a PPV event by phone (no CSR), do all receivers get the event? Do I get charged extra if I order it this way?

CSR has no clue what I'm talking about, kept giving me bogus answers.

Forgot to add that I CAN'T order it online, I don't have access (long story).

From this page:
DISH Network - How To Order Pay-Per-View - 1.800.823.4929

If you call 1-800-894-9131 and speak with an agent, you will be charged a $5 ordering fee. To save money, order using your remote, on the Internet or through the automated phone line at 1-877-DISH PPV (347-4778).

Notice how dish shows 3 different phone numbers for ppv, but only one, the automated one you can get the ppv without a fee. and yes, any way you order except with the remote will activate the ppv on all receivers.

Just wanted to know if you could record the program on multiple dvrs as well? And would they each start the clock once each is viewed or does the 24 hr clock start for all of them once it is first viewed on any dvr?

LOL yea you can order thru the automated ivr (If it works ) half the time it does not work for ppv and for taking payments. (but we are still required to make u pay the 5$ if u order thru a agent) !! which i do not agree with... Yes it will go to all rcvr's in the house and your only charged one time.

LOL yea you can order thru the automated ivr (If it works ) half the time it does not work for ppv and for taking payments. (but we are still required to make u pay the 5$ if u order thru a agent) !! which i do not agree with... Yes it will go to all rcvr's in the house and your only charged one time.

I understand that, I was asking about recording the ppv. I know you can't watch it after 24 hours once you begin viewing, so what i wanted to know if I record it on 3 different dvrs, can I watch it one day, my brother watch it a week later and my sister another week after that on the 3 different dvrs respectfully, or does the 24 hr clock start for all the receivers once it is watched on one of the dvrs?

Each recording should be separate. I ordered a ppv and recorded it twice on the same receiver. Watched the first almost immediately and left the second for about two months before watching. I had no problem, it should work in the manner you inquired about as well.

Each recording should be separate. I ordered a ppv and recorded it twice on the same receiver. Watched the first almost immediately and left the second for about two months before watching. I had no problem, it should work in the manner you inquired about as well.

Great, thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts