PPV purchases not being transmitted to DTV HS-17

John2021

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Los angeles
ok so i just noticed on a few of my bills none of the PPV that i have ordered and watched. my HS-17 isn't transmitting the data back over to DTV :oops: . is there a way to force it to download and transmit the info over to em? the ppv shows up in my purchases on my menu it just hasnt transmitted the data back to DTV. thoughts and inputs on this.

ok so i just noticed on a few of my bills none of the PPV that i have ordered and watched. my HS-17 isn't transmitting the data back over to DTV :oops: . is there a way to force it to download and transmit the info over to em? the ppv shows up in my purchases on my menu it just hasnt transmitted the data back to DTV. thoughts and inputs on this.

This doesn't sound like your problem to me. If it doesn't work that's Directv loss and your gain!

Reactions: John2021
Shouldn't the receivers cycle out once a month and call out. That's how it was in the old days of phone lines
How does that happen ?
Your not required to have a phone any more.
Your not required to have an internet connection ...
It wouldn't happen over the dish itself as its only 1 direction communication.

How does that happen ?
Back in the old days if you didnt have a phone line connected no ppv and no sporting packages.. I have my system connected to the internets for the sports packages and ppv. I think you can order online for a dollar more I think or you can order one via the phone with a rep o think for even more money. I like using the remote to order. I'm also sure the newer boxes have internet modems built in em now.

How does that happen ?
Also I belive they can read the access card once the boxes are sent back

Reactions: Jimbo
Of course they can once the box is back to them ...

My point in post #8 was that you are not required to have Any of those in order to have service.

Your still not required to have any of them, without any of them present, they really have no way to see the box until its returned, I'm sure you will get charged for them at that point if not sooner.

Personally, my main HR54 is connected to the internet, so they Can see whatever I may have ordered if they want.

If this continues and you end up with years worth of unbilled PPVs on that access card, it might be worth your trouble to insure that access card is no longer functional when they receive it :)

• Haha
Of course they can once the box is back to them ...

My point in post #8 was that you are not required to have Any of those in order to have service.

Your still not required to have any of them, without any of them present, they really have no way to see the box until its returned, I'm sure you will get charged for them at that point if not sooner.

Personally, my main HR54 is connected to the internet, so they Can see whatever I may have ordered if they want.
while your not required to have a phone line on it connected to the internet i do so i can sub to the sports packages and use the remote for PPV. in the days of phone lines i remember they would call out once a month to see what was on the card

If this continues and you end up with years worth of unbilled PPVs on that access card, it might be worth your trouble to insure that access card is no longer functional when they receive it :)
i bet if i ordered some of the nat geo channels they would get those :oops: :p:biggrin:mad::rolleyes: :coco

while your not required to have a phone line on it connected to the internet i do so i can sub to the sports packages and use the remote for PPV. in the days of phone lines i remember they would call out once a month to see what was on the card
If your connected to the internet, then they should have gotten it, if you don't see it, they just haven't pinged your box/card yet.