PPV Refund

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

VMI90

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
King William, VA
I wanted to ask here what you guys thought before calling DirecTV.

Has anyone called and received a refund for an ordered PPV due to a weather related outage? I ordered the Prelude to the Dream race yesterday. Well, the mid-atlantic area had severe thunderstorm and tornado watches. My reception was good about halfway through the event, but lost it completely before the main race.

So, do you think a refund is a reasonable request?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Generally, no refunds on PPV.

What they might do is note the account and let you purchase it / watch again, then call back and have the second charge reversed.

Not sure if they still do that, but I've heard of it in the past.

Years ago I did receive a credit from E* for a weather related outage. They were very clear that this was a one time only credit and next time I should check the forcast before ordering an event.

Years ago I did receive a credit from E* for a weather related outage. They were very clear that this was a one time only credit and next time I should check the forcast before ordering an event.

I actually did check the weather and the bad stuff was supposed to be about 1 hr north of me.

If you purchased the Prelude it also included a replay of the event right after.

Did you record it?

I was recording the event live when I lost signal. The replay was too late and I did not record it.

I went ahead and called and after reviewing my account they said that they would note my account. Even though I have a phone line connected, it had not yet been posted (probably because we unplugged everything when the lightning started to strike). They said that once the charge hits, to call back and they will issue a credit. We'll see if/when they happens.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)