PPV suddenly appears on Sling (remote access)

Totoro

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
Boston
I have PPV and adult programming blocked on my DVRs and until now those programs never showed up on my Sling Guide. Now, when I search upcoming movies, all the PPV and adult programs are showing up.

Anyone know why.

They want you to spend some money. ;)

That's what I am thinking. But it doesn't seem to make sense to put locks on the DVR only to be able to bypass them on Sling. What if I accidentally select a PPV movie thinking that it is HBO?

The curious thing is that I have been using Sling for months and only now did PPV start to show up. Perhaps it is a glitch.

That's what I am thinking. But it doesn't seem to make sense to put locks on the DVR only to be able to bypass them on Sling. What if I accidentally select a PPV movie thinking that it is HBO?

The curious thing is that I have been using Sling for months and only now did PPV start to show up. Perhaps it is a glitch.

Did you check your receiver locally, and make sure that stuff is STILL locked out? Perhaps it got unlocked somehow, so the Sling guide would reflect that..

Did you check your receiver locally, and make sure that stuff is STILL locked out? Perhaps it got unlocked somehow, so the Sling guide would reflect that..

That's one of the first things I checked. PPV=locked, Adult=locked and hidden.

Adult is no longer showing up on sling, but PPV movies are.

Perhaps it is a glitch. I just wondered if anyone else had this problem.

I noticed that the sling guide screen changed a bit today, so perhaps it is because they are working on some changes. There is a new option called "HD channels" and I think that is what is causing the problem. If I select "HD content" the problem goes away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)