PPV & VOD Confusion

ChetK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
Round Rock, TX
I am having some issues with PPV & VOD using the Hopper. First, let me preface this by saying that I have a PPV Certificate that I would like to use for this purchase. I also would like to point out that I am attempting to test a 3D movie from the Hopper onto my 3DTV.

Since there isn't a place to enter the Certificate number when making the purchase from the Hopper Guide, I have attempted to make the purchase from the Dish web site or from the automated telephone service. But the description of the VOD movie (Pacific Rim 3D on VOD channel 1) doesn't give the Order ID number.

10396784705_b4852be0a4_z.jpg

So, how do I use my certificate to order this 3D movie? Isn't this a major oversight by the Dish programmers? Of course, the telephone tech support (first level has no clue, advance tech support just says I'm outta luck and it's not possible) is no help.

You cannot use a certificate for VOD purchase on the Hopper at this time. So basically the support person was correct.

Sent from my iPhone

It seems there is a mixed message out there. Some have reported they called and got the certificate number from a CSR, so it seems the info is available to them. Unfortunately it seems that all of them don't actually know how to get it to tell you.

They need to fix this on the Hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts