PPV / VOD price increase

My local library buys 3 copies of most popular recent releases at WalMart each week and makes them available for free. After one month, we can reserve them online and they phone or voicemail when available and held for us for three days.

SHHHHH! We're trying to keep this a secret.

I think for the rich folks on this forum they could pay the fees for the new PPV but i think the majority of very low money persons would not even think about it. These fee increases are like rising airline fares.:down

If they are only going to provide 24 hours of access to a program, they should really only charge 99 cents, even for new releases. IMO, at this rate, more people would buy PPV, and overall revenue would go up. If they are going to charge $4.99 SD / $5.99 HD, then they should allow unlimited viewing for a week. This would at least make it more competitive with Blockbuster / Netflix / etc.

If they are only going to provide 24 hours of access to a program, they should really only charge 99 cents, even for new releases. IMO, at this rate, more people would buy PPV, and overall revenue would go up. If they are going to charge $4.99 SD / $5.99 HD, then they should allow unlimited viewing for a week. This would at least make it more competitive with Blockbuster / Netflix / etc.
I could download and Burn a movie for less online!

I checked on my dish on demand pay per views that DISH downloads to your receiver on my722 dvr and it is $6.99 for an hd movie that is pre recorded on DISH's portion of the hard drive. WHo do they think will pay $7.00 for a movie? THIS is outrageous and I will NEVER pay this much for a pre recorded hd movie. Blockbuster is supposedly doing Blu ray for 2.99 a movie according to another poster on another thread. I would pay to drive my car down once a week and rent about 3 movies in Blu Ray hd when I go to fill up on gas since it is right next door to the gas station. THIs would still be cheaper than DISH Video on demand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)