PQ Quality Still Suffering On Hd Channels

Wouldn't it matter if it's DVI-I dual for the standard channels and help to make them look better since it is made for analog as well?

So what's the story here with DVI cables? Were we supposed to be supplied a dual link cable or a single link cable? And does it matter?

The single link cable supplied by my installer has the following information printed on the cable:
E148000 AWM STYLE 20276 80C 30V VW-1 DVI DIGITAL SINGLE LINK PC10 LTK

Guys I don't know for certain if this is true, but what I was told by a friend who is a very knowledgeable guy as far as home theaters go, is that because my TV is over 60Hz (100Hz I think) and 1920 x 1080 that a Dual Link cable is what I need. All I can tell you is that at 1080i using single link HD channels are very noticeably pixelized and SD channels are slightly pixelized. This pixelization is not evident with a component connection.

I was watching Simone on MaxHDW last night (I think that was the channel.. I know it was a west feed). It was perfect through about half the movie, and then all of a sudden it started missing frames like crazy and pixilating some. I tried changing channels and changing back, and all that did was added a lipsync problem. I was already involved in the movie, so I just watched anyway, and about 10 minutes later, the screen went black for a second and when it came back, the video and audio were fine again for the rest of the movie. Does anyone know if this is a receiver problem, or a transmission problem for sure? Did they do something on their end when they saw there was a problem that made the screen go black for a second?

Can someone please explain the difference between DVI-I dual and DVI-D dual? The cable Voom supplied to me is a DVI-single. I found the above listed dual cables on Ebay and was wondering whether to get DVI-I or DVI-D. Thanks.

Bob

IMO and after reading the DVI spec there should not be any difference at all in DVI cables, minus the single/dual that is mentioned here.

The binary signal is +/- .5 volts, now unless you have the worlds WORST cable in the world I think you could send that kind of signal over tin foil :)

This the question that stops every salesman dead in his tracks:

If Cable X is better than Cable Y because Cable X transmits the digital information more accuretly then why does Cable Y work with HDCP connections?

If Cable Y is inferior and doesn't supply the intended information, in a digital format, than the key info with a HDCP connection would not come through either and you would get no video or snow....data is data, so what seperates one cable from another and if it truly is the quality of the data then why is the key data magically right and the video/audio data wrong?

I know this because I had a defective DVI cable, I would get blue lines on the screen and snow because the HDCP keys weren't getting transmitted right, replaced it with the cheapo cable that came with my Envision LCD and it worked great.

In fact I have the Voom cable on my monitor :)

So all DVI cables should be the same PQ, except of course the single/dual stuff.

Eric_C said:
IMO and after reading the DVI spec there should not be any difference at all in DVI cables, minus the single/dual that is mentioned here.

The binary signal is +/- .5 volts, now unless you have the worlds WORST cable in the world I think you could send that kind of signal over tin foil :)

This the question that stops every salesman dead in his tracks:

If Cable X is better than Cable Y because Cable X transmits the digital information more accuretly then why does Cable Y work with HDCP connections?

If Cable Y is inferior and doesn't supply the intended information, in a digital format, than the key info with a HDCP connection would not come through either and you would get no video or snow....data is data, so what seperates one cable from another and if it truly is the quality of the data then why is the key data magically right and the video/audio data wrong?

I know this because I had a defective DVI cable, I would get blue lines on the screen and snow because the HDCP keys weren't getting transmitted right, replaced it with the cheapo cable that came with my Envision LCD and it worked great.

In fact I have the Voom cable on my monitor :)

So all DVI cables should be the same PQ, except of course the single/dual stuff.
Anyone know if Voom's stb is dual link dvi cable enabled-just read an article that says that dual link is better if both stb and tv support dvi dual

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)