I ordered the Gbox from Sadoun recently. They did not have one in stock
so I asked to have the order cancelled. Today I received my rebate in
Paypal. Needless to say when I buy something else Sadoun will get 1st
preference. Thank you Sadoun.

They called me the other day to tell me that my Gbox won't be available for 2 weeks. I decided to maintain the order even though I'm disappointed. It's a good thing that I don't have an immediate need for it. Besides, where else can I get the Gbox? I've heard that some are available at ebay but you might get a used, non-functional unit and without a warranty.

Anyway, because vendors can't maintain an adequate stock I have to buy stuff in advance (such as LNB's, LNBF's, feeds, actuators) so that I can get things back into service faster. The down side is that I might not ever need the spares that I stock.

It will absolutely be worth the wait. I wouldn't part with mine for anything less than another GBox.

As for service, I once had a problem with the remote not working and Jamal replaced it no questions asked. They just want their customers happy, just like they'd expect for service themselves.

You won't be disappointed.

I'm a fan of the V-box. They cost about half of what the G Box cost. There's no need to buy the latest model because the only difference in any of them is the appearance of the box. They're 24-36 volts and all offer 99 satellite positions. A v-box V is about $35 postage paid on flea bay. The v-box X may be about $45.

And except for the positioning speed, you can use a 12 volt DC auto battery to do the same thing -- except it won't power the reed sensor.

Hey, it ain't rocket science!!!

Ive had nothing but issues from Sadoun and would never buy from them or recommend them. I would order from Galaxy Marketing or Satellite AV first. Neverless, glad you had a positive experence from them.

I'm a fan of the V-box. They cost about half of what the G Box cost. There's no need to buy the latest model because the only difference in any of them is the appearance of the box. They're 24-36 volts and all offer 99 satellite positions. A v-box V is about $35 postage paid on flea bay. The v-box X may be about $45.

And except for the positioning speed, you can use a 12 volt DC auto battery to do the same thing -- except it won't power the reed sensor.

I bought a Vbox-X and have had a lot of trouble with it. So it's collecting dust now.

I had problems initially setting mine up. The instructions from China are horrendous!!! But its nothing more than a 36 volt transformer with just a few add-ons. Keep on playing with it. Two wires power the motor and two power the reed sensor. That's it.

If you set it up wrong, reset it and start again. I understand how an fta receiver can "stump" someone because they're nothing but computers. And it takes awhile to figure them out. But the v-box or g box to me is sort of like that old channel master "clicker" with the big brown knob that you used to have on the top of the tv back in the vhf-uhf days. Turn it one way and it goes right. Turn it the other way and it goes left.

I never did set up my fta receiver to set the positions up automatically. And that's because I usually have to "fine tune" the v-box almost every time I move it anyway to get the best satellite signals. And I'll bet you that almost everybody will tell you just about the same thing.

I love my c-band. The picture is awesome in HD.

Hey, five clicks is one degree on the v-box. It ain't rocket science. Merry Christmas!!!

I just got lucky that they told me they were out of stock or I would have had to take
a loss selling it on Ebay. Reason, I have a new Chaparral Corotor ll Plus which will
not work with the Gbox. I need the Gbox v4000 which has been discussed here
but nothing has come of it that I know.

I have a new Chaparral Corotor ll Plus which will not work with the Gbox.
That's why they are called "Positioners", they only position the Dish.

There is a Home Made device, discussed here somewhere, that will convert the 13 / 18v from FTA Unit to Servo, to control polarity.

I have ordered from Sadoun many times and am very happy with all the service. I have ordered from the other 5 star sponsors here at satelliteguys and all have great service.

This is fine but I do not understand what the praise is for.
Are you praising Sadoun for advertising something and not having it? Or Are you praising Sadoun for returning your money that was paid for a product he did not have?

The praise is for returning my money with NO hassle. Some outfits would want you to buy
something else. They can't help it if they are out of the item. There are many reasons that
could cause an outage which could be beyond their control.

I bought a Vbox-X and have had a lot of trouble with it. So it's collecting dust now.

So can you elaborate on what problems you've had? "had a lot of trouble with it" is kinda a broad empty description, IMHO.

I've got one that I bought about 2 months ago now and it hasn't missed a beat. I haven't tried to use the Diseq stuff to move it yet but I did write down numbers for each of the sats I've found from 125W back to 40W and those numbers haven't changed more than a single digit since, which could be that junk SuperJack mover on that SAMI and not the Vbox X itself. Hell even the VonWeise on my Winegard with my 920 required an occasional "tweak" to keep signals peaked?

So if you're all that dissatisfied with it and if it will still work I'd be willing to give you shipping costs for it so you could send it to me! ;-) Just PM me with an address and I'll mail you a postal money order for the $10 for shipping! ;-)

The praise is for returning my money with NO hassle. Some outfits would want you to buy
something else. They can't help it if they are out of the item. There are many reasons that
could cause an outage which could be beyond their control.

PayPal is not a free money transfer service. Somebody lost a little bit of money over this.
Sadoun and other vendors that run internet stores could save us the hassle of paying for something when it is not available for shipping.
It takes just a few clicks of the computer's mouse to change the status and show that an item is *Out Of Stock* or some other pertinent message.
Anyway, I am glad that you got your money back and that you are happy!!! GregH

Ive had nothing but issues from Sadoun and would never buy from them or recommend them. I would order from Galaxy Marketing or Satellite AV first. Neverless, glad you had a positive experence from them.

What sort of problems? My first order with Galaxy Marketing was my last. lol. Guess no one is perfect but I like Sadoun and Satellite AV. ;)

not EVEN on-topic

I'm a fan of the V-box. They cost about half of what the G Box cost.
There's no need to buy the latest model because the only difference in any of them is the appearance of the box.
They're 24-36 volts and all offer 99 satellite positions.
A v-box V is about $35 postage paid on flea bay. The v-box X may be about $45.

Well, I don't keep notes on all the previous models, but one of 'em was total crap, and disappeared from the market quickly.
(Vbox 6, maybe?)
As for the others, so far as I know, they worked as advertized.

However, Gbox counts on both the "make" and the "break" of the reed switch, so it counts two for each count of the Vbox.
This translates into finer positioning across the arc, letting you fine tune where you park your dish.
See the review by Linuxman in our Equipment Review department for more info.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpe...gbox-v3000-satellite-position-controller.html

The extra resolution would benefit users on Ku band where the narrow beam of a good BUD might be a problem.
Likewise, early Birdview motors were outfitted with 8-magnet wheels (resulting in lower accuracy) compared to later mods with 24 magnets.

For C-band only use, or for BUDs with higher accuracy dish movers, the Vboxes may work just fine.
However, with the positioning accuracy now required for some S2 signals, I'm not taking any chances.

I just got lucky that they told me they were out of stock or I would have had to take
a loss selling it on Ebay.
Reason, I have a new Chaparral Corotor ll Plus which will not work with the Gbox.
I need the Gbox v4000 which has been discussed here but nothing has come of it that I know.

Since there IS no V4000, and may never be, we are left to solve the problem of how to move your dish 'n servo.
Old analog or 4DTV receivers are about it.
I've ditched the servo and put my money behind a Gbox + C2 (C-band only LNBF), and Gbox + Orthomode feed.
The methods available to run the feed servo were just too crude, and I didn't feel like duplicating the efforts of others by making a microprocessor controlled converter.

What sort of problems? My first order with Galaxy Marketing was my last. lol. Guess no one is perfect but I like Sadoun and Satellite AV. ;)

Orders delayed, No communication for over two weeks and money not returned when a product was out of stock until I made a fuss about it here, I've had several broken Gbox remotes due to lack of bubble wraping and care put into shipping. Stuff being listed in stock on the web and really its been out of stock for weeks, ect. With Sadoun, they used to be really good, then they went south. They messed up on an order of mine way back when and I understood that things happen and gave them a 2nd shot. On the 2nd shot they royaly screwed up so I said enough of them. Now I order strictly through site sponcers. I have had positive experences with Galaxy and havent had any issues. Brian over at Satellite AV is fantastic too. They really take care of you!

Anole, That Gbox has saved me on a few S2 feeds. I would recommend a Gbox any day as mine as worked for a few years flawlessly, and the extra counts are worth it especally when your dialing up weak feeds.

Orders delayed, No communication for over two weeks and money not returned when a product was out of stock until I made a fuss about it here, I've had several broken Gbox remotes due to lack of bubble wraping and care put into shipping. Stuff being listed in stock on the web and really its been out of stock for weeks, ect. With Sadoun, they used to be really good, then they went south. They messed up on an order of mine way back when and I understood that things happen and gave them a 2nd shot. On the 2nd shot they royaly screwed up so I said enough of them. Now I order strictly through site sponcers. I have had positive experences with Galaxy and havent had any issues. Brian over at Satellite AV is fantastic too. They really take care of you!

Well for me its been a while since I ordered .... Galaxy Marketing was super. I just got fed up with UPS and I didn't want to file a claim over a $69 dish. I'm on their do not sell to list I bet. : /

My main problem with Sadoun is customer service. It's extremely difficult to get a real person to answer the phone and they usually don't return the call. And then there's the issue of items not in stock and having to wait 2 or more weeks for a backorder - sometimes more than a month - not good if you have a broken Gbox. Of course, to be fair, most vendors don't like stock sitting on their shelves for several months. So, the solution is for us to order critical spares (that we may or may not use over a span of 10+ years). Depends on how important TV is to you. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)