$$ Pre-7/21 Deal...timeline of how everything paid. BING, Best Buy, Go Green, Etc $$

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jaj1701

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Rochester, MN DMA #153
I've been getting a couple PMs between here and another site concerning if they should be worried about when certain things would pay out,

Here is my timeline........

6/5 Cancelled my original DirecTV order as HD for Life promotion was added and because I already submitted the online rebates, no changes could be made to the order.

6/5 Placed order for DirecTV service thru BestBuy.directv.com using link from BING.com for the cashback. This was the first day that they added HD Free for Life to the $29 1st/$14 2nd year promotion. My DirecTV order came to $522.00 before tax since I got 4 HD-DVRs and the $25 TV Internet Connection Service. Also used a referral

6/8 Placed order for an HDTV over $499 to qualify for the extra $300 rebate Best Buy was offering with DirecTV sign up. BING Cashback happen to be offering 20% back for Best Buy purchases that day...then it dropped to 3% for the remainder of the time BING cashback existed.

6/10 I emailed BING a PDF copy of my DirecTV order, it was added to my Bing account the next day.

6/30 Submitted online rebates for $29 First Year / $14 Second Year discounts.

7/1 - 7/2 Installation days. I got my 4 HR24s and 1 std receiver, 5 LNB, international dish, and SWM-16. Installation was perfect.

7/2 The charged my credit card and my first statement was sent out. The $29 discount, $10 refer a friend, $24 Starz/Showtime, and $10 Free HD for Life discounts all showed.

7/3 Went GREEN, signed up for paperless billing. Already had enrolled in autopay for the Free HD for life.

7/6 $50 Best Buy gift card rebate showed up as approved on directv.com/rebates.

7/13 Somewhere around this date I finally mailed in my $300 Best Buy gift card rebate

7/23 Received $50 Best Buy Gift Card in the mail.

8/2 $20 GOING GREEN credit posts to my account

8/2 Best Buy $300 Gift Card shows up as approved at directv.com/rebates. So, if it's like the $50 gift card, I should have that in about 2 weeks.

8/4 Was able to request my cash from Bing for my DirecTV order as 60 day waiting period for my $208.80 in bing cashback ended and the money will be in my checking account in 2 days

8/7 60 day waiting period will be over for my $140 cashback for my $699 50" Panasonic plasma and I'll be able to request that money.

So, the bottom line is, the stacking of all the deals all worked out for me. A lot of you ordered and/or installed well after my dates....so just be patient. 3 more days, and I'll be able to collect for my TV Bing Cashback. I know a few of you did use that as well for the 3% cashback on your HDTV.

So in the end I got this for discounts over the first 2 years.

$350.00 in Best Buy gift cards
$348.80 in BING Cashback
$240.00 in HD access credits (valued for just for the 1st 2 years)
$348.00 in 1st year D* credits
$168.00 in 2nd year D* credits (was regional)
$298.00 "free" HD-DVR and discounted 2nd HD-DVR
$ 69.00 "free" standard receiver
$ 20.00 for GOING GREEN
$100.00 in Refer a friend credit for using my friends acct# at the time of ordering online
$ 20.00 free shipping/processing for ordering online
$ 72.00 free Showtime and Starz for 3 months
$ 15.00 3 free months of HD Extra Pack (added after installation)
$ 59.00 Free AM21 OTA tuner. Installer installed it but I was never billed for it.
$000.00 Panasonic 50" Plasma was actually on sale from $799 to $699 (no value given)
$000.00 Free 2nd half of cricket ticket (normally $300 a season...but didn't give this a value)
$000.00 5LNB dish, SWM-16 switch, international dish, 2 wall fishes w/2 lines each (no value given)

$2035.80 in "savings", gift cards, etc over the first 2 years!!!

Let's just say I'm a very happy camper now that the DirecTV bing actually paid out and the $300 gift card got approved. That means I'm golden and feel like I got the best deal ever for DirecTV service! :D

Last edited:
Was able to request my cash from Bing for my DirecTV order as 60 day waiting period for my $208.80 in bing cashback ended and the money will be in my checking account in 2 days

My bing cash is still "pending" when I check it at bing.com. Was yours that way until the day you could cash it?

My bing cash is still "pending" when I check it at bing.com. Was yours that way until the day you could cash it?

Yes.....Pending until day 60. That is the norm for Bing Cash Back.

The last day it actually says you can request your money in 0 days....then the next day you can request a check, direct deposit into your checking account, to your PayPal account, etc.

I forget, did you just do it for DirecTV?

Yes.....Pending until day 60. That is the norm for Bing Cash Back.

The last day it actually says you can request your money in 0 days....then the next day you can request a check, direct deposit into your checking account, to your PayPal account, etc.

I forget, did you just do it for DirecTV?

Oh ok, so I guess I'm good. I did it just for Directv and I did it on July 15th.

My timeline

I ordered DirecTV on 7/7/10. (quit Dish Network on 7/22/10)

Thanks to Jason, I got the following deals:

1. Free HD-DVR (HR24-100) & HD receiver (H24-100).
2. Free HD for Life
2. Ordering through Costco.com, $50 cash card & $200 Cash card for buying a HDTV
3. $29 a month for the first 12 months
4. Friend referral $10 a month for 10 months
5. Bing Cashback - 40% for amount of $89.20 ( I ordered an additional HD-DVR (HR24-100) and Internet Connection kit

Here is my timeline........

7/7/10 - Placed order for DirecTV service through costco.com using link from BING.com for the cashback.
7/10/10 - Opened a support ticket with bing attaching a pdf of email order confirmation
7/11/10 - Bing cach back amount showed as 'pending'
7/15/10 - Originally scheduled install. Installer called 20 minute before install start time that the install had to be reschedules as they did not have HD equipment
7/21/10 - rescheduled install date. Install went perfectly.
7/22/10 - submitted $29 ($24 & $5) rebate online
7/23/10 - $29 showed as processing
7/24/10 - $29 approved. $50 costco card showed as 'processing'
7/26/10 - $50 card showed as 'approved'
7/30/10 - Sent in rebate form for $200 Costco card for buying HDTV.
8/4/10 - $50 Card arrived via fedex Home service.

Hope this helps those who are tracking their rebates and cashback.

8/8 My Best Buy 20% Bing Cashback just processed and will be in my bank account around Tuesday.

My buddy, who had his install done on 7/15 and mailed in his rebate the following week just had his $300 Best Buy rebate show approved on 8/7. He had been a DISH Network customer for 11 YEARS!

I know a lot of people were nervous about all this stuff stacking together and working. I very much was just because I encouraged all the stacking.

Now it's official.....absolutely everything paid out! :) I'm extremely happy! Hope everyone else has the same success!

Last edited:
Thanks for all this info.

Are the gift cards coming in the mail or via FedEx Home Service? If by FedEx, do you have to sign for it? I'm going to be out of town a couple weeks, probably right around the time my gift cards should arrive. Am worried FedEx will just leave it on the porch for the neighbors or the neighborhood ferile cats to get at.

Thanks for all this info.

Are the gift cards coming in the mail or via FedEx Home Service? If by FedEx, do you have to sign for it? I'm going to be out of town a couple weeks, probably right around the time my gift cards should arrive. Am worried FedEx will just leave it on the porch for the neighbors or the neighborhood ferile cats to get at.

My guess is that it will come FedEx Home and that they will leave it on your porch.. I'm not sure how it's done with FedEx home, but I would call their office and also leave a huge *** note on your day stating to HOLD the package until you can pick up on xx/xx/xx. You also may want to have a friend check everyday.

Just FYI, my "approved" on 8/2....and I live in Minnesota (where they are mailed from)....and I have not gotten my $300 one yet.

Don't forget your Best Buy Reward Zone too....... I also got $15 back from that too.....forgot to mention it.

Jason

7/30/10 - Sent in rebate form for $200 Costco card for buying HDTV.

Today, DIRECTV $200 Costco Card Offer shows as "Approved" at DirecTV rebate page.

Hope I get it soon.

fedex Home service - I had to sign the package. I wasn't at home on first attempt. I signed the door tag for next delivery attempt. It was at the front door next day. It was a small yellow envelope (6x9) not letter size fedex envelope.

Thanks

Sorry to kind of jump in the thread and ask a separate question, but I was looking at this.

It's possible to cancel your service after your contract is up, and re-sign up as a new customer and receive all these discounts? I heard from a friend that works for DirecTV that you can't be considered a new customer again ever, let alone directly after cancelling.

Email received today!!!!!!!!!!

DIRECTV SHIPMENT CONFIRMATION

Hello,

Congratulations! Your request has been received for the following DIRECTV offer:
DIRECTV $300 Best Buy HDTV Offer

Your card shipped on 08/17/2010 via Fed Ex under "xxxxxxxxxxxxxx".

......so, roughly 2 weeks after getting "approved", it gets shipped out.

So it's now official....everything has paid out!

Last edited:
My $300 BB Gift Card showed up this morning as approved. The $50 Gift card was approved a couple weeks ago, so hopefully will be receiving that very soon.

Unfortunately, I'm not thrilled with the TV I bought from BB. I'm still within the 30 day return period. Wonder if they would still ship out the gift card if I return the TV.

Good to know they send an email with the tracking number for the $300 gift card. That way, if I am out of state travelling, I should be able to call Fedex and have them hold it until I return.

Sorry to kind of jump in the thread and ask a separate question, but I was looking at this.

It's possible to cancel your service after your contract is up, and re-sign up as a new customer and receive all these discounts? I heard from a friend that works for DirecTV that you can't be considered a new customer again ever, let alone directly after cancelling.

Not sure if you have found an answer by now, but from what I have seen, it is 2 years until you would be considered a new customer again.

I was a Directv customer, but we signed up using my wife's info (SSN/phone). Once install was scheduled, I called and cancelled my account to be effective the day after the new install. It seems for purposes of accounts, it is all based off the SSN/phone as for one day we had two active accounts at our address.

My $300 BB Gift Card showed up this morning as approved. The $50 Gift card was approved a couple weeks ago, so hopefully will be receiving that very soon.

Unfortunately, I'm not thrilled with the TV I bought from BB. I'm still within the 30 day return period. Wonder if they would still ship out the gift card if I return the TV.

Good to know they send an email with the tracking number for the $300 gift card. That way, if I am out of state travelling, I should be able to call Fedex and have them hold it until I return.

You "should" be able to exchange your TV for another if your unhappy....however it would be wrong to return the TV. But that's up to you. I have no idea if they sit on mailing out the rebate until they know your past the return policy period. I have no idea what would happen if you did return it.

Best buy has a pretty good system for tracking gift cards in relation to product purchases and returns. About six months ago I bought something from them that included a gift card. The item I bought didnt work right and I decided to return it. I presented both the item and the card at customer service. The CSR said she couldnt take the card in the return process, but that corporate would zero it out as soon as she finished the transaction. She said I should keep the card and check it to make sure there wasnt any money on it. Indeed, by the time I got to the register the cashier said the card had a zero balance.

My return slip showed only the item being returned, for the full amount.

So my guess is if you return the tv before you use the gift card, they'll zero out the gift card. If you use the gift card before returning the tv, they'll take the amount of the gift card out of the tv amount before refunding it to you.

Received email from DirecTV yesterday.

----------------------------------

Hello ,

Congratulations! Your request has been received for the following DIRECTV offer:

DIRECTV $200 Costco Card Offer

Your card shipped on 08/18/2010 via Fed Ex under "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx".

Exactly one week after showing as approved.

You "should" be able to exchange your TV for another if your unhappy....however it would be wrong to return the TV. But that's up to you. I have no idea if they sit on mailing out the rebate until they know your past the return policy period. I have no idea what would happen if you did return it.

I'm sure returning/exchanging would screw up the gift card, so I'll just keep the TV. My only real gripe is the sound, but I have an older 5.1 stereo I will hook up to it.

Overall, I'm just thrilled this is all paying out. Turned out to be a very good deal. Got my $50 gift card today.

Received email from DirecTV yesterday.

Hello ,

DIRECTV $200 Costco Card Offer

Your card shipped on 08/18/2010 via Fed Ex under "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx".

Exactly one week after showing as approved.

FedEx Home delivered the $200 cash card an hour ago.

FedEx Home delivered the $200 cash card an hour ago.

Awesome! Congrats!

And I am supposed to care about this? Why?

Well, if you weren't one of many that have been worried about their rebates and cashback being fulfilled, then you wouldn't care.

For the large group of us that stacked multiple promotions, even some that got extended past the expiration date on the rebate forms, knowing how long it's been taking for rebates/cashback to fulfill is important to us. We're also glad when each other finally gets their money/gift cards.

The title of this thread was pretty darn clear.......so I don't know why you entered this thread in the first place. Do you post this in every thread that you don't care about....or are we special???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts