Pre-amp suggestion

To any website can post whatever they want ;)

it seems like you want to argue for no reason. I posted already
Like I say a UHF only antenna CAN get VHF Hi but it is usually at a hindered signal versus a VHF antenna.

to which you replied
Both my antennas are supposedly UHF only but they both receive VHF fine with my preamp

arent we saying the same thing? Also I'm not using any pre-amps on my setup and like I say my VHF only antenna (YA1713) gets some of the UHF channels at a reduced signal....and its even aimed 180 degrees opposite Minneapois

Yeah so the antenna alone doesn't have VHF gain but with a VHF/UHF preamp it does. Obviously both retailers I asked think the AP8700 would be enough (17 db gain VHF) too.

I just put the CM-4228HD up a month ago and I'm NOT looking to replace it. Hence the thread title.

who said you needed to replace it?
Seriously Tom you need to chill. You came here looking for help and all it seems you have done is want to argue with people.

If you are having issues with chanenls dropping out and its Fox then the fact its a UHF only antenna could be part of the reason. If the VHF signal is neutered (which it is on those) and you add an amp all that really does is amplify the neutered signal which results in possibly bigger signal issues. The pre-amp will help with the UHF channels which will help with all the other stations except Fox

who said you needed to replace it?
Seriously Tom you need to chill. You came here looking for help and all it seems you have done is want to argue with people.

If you are having issues with chanenls dropping out and its Fox then the fact its a UHF only antenna could be part of the reason. If the VHF signal is neutered (which it is on those) and you add an amp all that really does is amplify the neutered signal which results in possibly bigger signal issues. The pre-amp will help with the UHF channels which will help with all the other stations except Fox

it's not just Fox 2, it's all of the stations, even ABC 12 from Flint, as well at WDIV, WTVS, WKBD etc etc. I live on a busy road and cars interfere with the signals on everything!

it's not just Fox 2, it's all of the stations, even ABC 12 from Flint, as well at WDIV, WTVS, WKBD etc etc. I live on a busy road and cars interfere with the signals on everything!

the fact you are 20 miles from the ABC 12 tower and are having issues proves the fact of issues when using a UHF only antenna to pick up VHF. ;) Like I say I've been there before with that
The Detroit stations show between 50-54 miles but 2Edge: Double edge diffraction. That means there are more "distractions" for the signal to get to you. Conversely the Flint channels all say "line of site" (LOS)

are the 2 antennas combined then?
If so I would separate them since Flint is WNW of you and Detroit is SE. They are probably clashing signal wise

2 separate pre-amps would help. I'd put the one that boosts more for Detroit and the existing one (if it amplifies less) on the ones for Flint. You may not even need a amp for Flint being 20 miles away

I only have 1 TV and tuner though so I can't feed them to 2 TV's so splitting them would be pointless.

SS did say if I combine them the combiner should be the last thing before the TV. I have it the first thing after the line from the antennas which is fed into the preamp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)